THE BUTLER

I laid back on my bed filled with pillows and blankets as I hit the red call button on the device next to me. Waiting patiently for whom I wished to see, I opened up a new tab on my laptop typing in "tumblr.com." Seconds after the site loaded there was a knock on my double white doors.

"Come in." In walked a person who I was all too familiar with. He wore a white suit, like usual, as if he was attending an important event. His hair was gelled back so you could see his facial features: stunning green eyes and plump red lips.

"What would you like today Miss Richards?" I was by now used to a lavish lifestyle. After my father had invested in a million dollar business, we moved away from our small town in Rhode Island to a very nice place in Florida. We each had our own person who worked for us. I guess I had good luck when I received a hot young British boy, Harry, as mine.

"Just a Shirley Temple for now, thanks." He nodded, smiling at me revealing his breathtaking dimples before exiting the bedroom. I slid out of bed opening up the blinds that hid the light from me. The sun was out today; hardly a cloud in the sky. I strode over to the walk in closet and opened the door. Dresses, skirts and lacy tops took up the majority of the closet. My parents were very strict about how I should act, what I should wear, and what I ate. They expected me to be perfect. Perfect and proper, how a princess may act. That meant no cursing, always polite, healthy foods, and fancy wear.

I settled on putting on a coral dress which matched the spring air. Quickly, I made my way to the bathroom before Harry came back with my drink. The bathroom was on the other side of the room closed off by a blue door that matched the light shade of blue that my walls were painted. Turning on the faucet, I took my toothbrush from its holder and squirted some of my cinnamon toothpaste on it.

As I finished brushing my teeth and using the toilet, there was a knock on my door. I hopped onto my couch that was opposite my bed as I told Harry to enter. He held my Shirley Temple on a platter as a waiter would.

"Your drink, ma'am." I took the fizzy drink from him and took a sip. I could feel the bubbles as it slid down my throat. Peering back up at Harry, I saw he was intently watching me. As soon as we made eye contact, he blushed and turned away.

"Do you want me to leave?" His voice was full of shame and I felt guilty that he had this job.

"No." He peered up at me in shock. I wasn't really supposed to talk to him. He was my butler, my maid. As my parents would say we have to leave our relationships with workers "strictly business." However, felt bad for Harry. He practically lived here and never had time to go out and have friends, plus I wasn't going to deny the fact that he was extremely attractive. "I'd like it if you stayed. I get kind of lonely. We can talk. I haven't really gotten a chance to know you. Sit."

Harry sat on the matching chair across from me. We were separated by a white wooden coffee table. I took another sip of my drink before putting it on a coaster. My room I would say is much bigger than a standard one. It was the size of a master bedroom. I practically lived in here. I had everything I could need except for food. My parents had told me multiple times that getting a mini fridge was "out of the question."

I tapped my foot, narrowing my eyes at Harry.

"How much do you get paid?" He looked at me bewildered and let out a chuckle. It was an honest question. I felt guilty that he had to do everything for me, he at least deserved a good pay.

"Not enough." He finally answered. "Why do you wanna know?"

"Just curious."

He nodded. "Can I ask you a question?"

I looked up at him. His eyes were burning into me. Why would he possibly want to ask me a question. I nodded. Why not?

"Why are you so beautiful?" My eyes immediately widened. I never had been called beautiful before and especially not from a butler.

"What-"

"Sorry. I'll leave now." His face was full of embarrassment. He began to get up.

"Don't." Harry stopped. He turned and looked at me waiting for a reason. "I think. . . I think you're beautiful too." I smiled at him. It took him a couple seconds before he realized what I said and then a bright smile appeared on his handsome face.