The Destiny Theory

<>---------- PROLOGUE ----------<>  

Do you ever wonder and think about when and where your destiny will begin or where your journey in life will lead you to the end? 

For the most part, no one really knows what is to become of our destiny and will lay in the future, and how our past will affect the decisions we make. Some say we are the shapers of our destiny and weave its threads in our hands. For some, it is more of a theory than a reality as we cannot see past our flaws and failures. We all believe that we are all meant for something greater than what we are but we are also not listening to that voice in our head that helps us steer us in the direction we need to go. The choices we make determine the actions we take from those choices. Our past can haunt us but shape us for something better. For some, we all have secret or hidden talents, skills and knowledge from times long past because for what we have done long ago and what we do in the present shape our destiny for the future. For many, we are clouded by that we do not want to accept because we are either too afraid or too complacent in our current reality to see what might lay beneath us in our hearts, our minds, and especially our soul.

This could not be any more true for Destiny Halliwell, a fledgling businesswoman in her mid-twenties, an avid basketball player and all around quiet person. Destiny is the kind of person that still believes in fairy tales and the magic around it, but not in the literal sense. Destiny grew up like everyone else; having her own form of baggage just like others who go through in life. Her parents had died a long time ago when she was very young, her sister's body never recovered from the crash, and her best friend vanished without a trace at the same time, shortly after her friend had found out about her special talents when they were in high school. Having to grow up alone and working hard for what she most wants in life, a sense of normalcy, still a lingering presence remained. A past she is trying to remember and yet both forget, a present-day life yearning for something better, knowing that she is surrounded by uncertainty and darkness, and a future with a buried secret she cannot control, only she has something more unbelievable than even she is willing to admit.