1: my kind of nature

Beach.

The sand between my toes while I sit on the warm sand. Don't forget the wanderers that end in every nook and cranny of my body as I engulf myself with sand.

The saltwater splashing around as I swim in it washing off the  remaining sand. The calming sensation as the water forms to my body. The smell of peace and relaxation. 

Is there anywhere else I'd be?

City.

Pollution in the air with subtle scents of hot dogs and fresh coffee from nearby. The cars and honks pass by while footsteps are crunching against the tiny pebbles and crinkle from wrapper fallen from pockets or the trash can.

People talking on their cellphones, light tapping indicting a text, and the soft smacking when other try to avoid me. The mutters of 'Excuse me' and 'I'm sorry' linger through the air.

Nothing could be better, right?

Forest.

The soft chirps from baby birds or hearing the flutter from the different species of insects. Pitter-patter from deer or wolves along with bears grabbing tonight's meal in the downstream rushing river.

The smell of after-rain settled into the dirt and moss. The crackling from the sticks and twigs light up the night. The moon shines bright from above, illuminating the ground below me. The stars shine brighter than they have ever before.

A place more peaceful than this

Home.

The low murmur of the TV plays as I type a chapter for my next story. The mixed volumes of the clacking due to my emotions. A box of fresh pizza wafts through the air making the contents of my stomach rumbled with delight. The popping of soda in a glass is settled nearby.

I hear the soft snores from the person lying beside me on the marshmallow-like couch. I see their chest falling and rising with each breathe. I smile with the parade of butterflies partying in my gut.

No place I'd rather be.