Chapter 1

Midnight Kiss

Chapter 1

It was about 1 a.m.... or maybe 2 a.m. Anyway, it was not the right time for me to walk back home from a party alone in a park. I was coming back from Molly's party. My parents allowed me to go only if I would come back before midnight but it was worth staying longer. I felt grounded. 

I wished they were sleeping when I would come back because I don't want them to know how many drinks I've drank this night. Its funny how they think that I'm a little good girl.

Well, I was a little scared of coming back that late with that park path but it would take me twice that long to come back by the path next to the main road and I wanted to come home as soon as possible. I was dressed in a very short mini dress and high heels I could barely walk on. The park path didn't help me to reach my house faster; it was old and all with holes. There were only a few street lights and I needed to concentrate not to fall because of one. 

There was a moment when I felt confident but maybe that's because the alcohol was working. Every next breath of the cold night air made me sober up. I was almost halfway when I had a weird feeling that somebody watches me.  I tried to ignore it because I thought that it might be just my imagination. I tried to walk faster,  as far as my shoes let me. 

I tried not to think of how much I was scared and concentrated on the things happening in my life in the past few months. My boyfriend John was a nice guy but nothing special. I was dating him for one month already and I think I did so just because I had nothing else to do. Call me a bitch, I deserve it. 

In that moment I wished that I'd chosen the longer way. I was a fan of crime and horror movies and my imagination scared me even more. I heard sounds everywhere and the shades in the dark looked like people or night creatures to me. I was about to take my heels of when I felt a big pain in the back of my head. I fell on the ground.