Chapter 4

‘Are you insane?’’ Lily shouted.

‘‘What? Lil, come on, I’m going to find him.’’

‘’He saved your life and you didn’t take his phone number? But by the way, he really saved you! That’s so romantic!’’ she was so enthusiastic. 

‘’He looked like... An angel. But I think it’s a sin to be that handsome.’’ we both laughed.

‘‘That means we are both sinners, my beauty queen. But you know what? I can’t believe that you didn’t flirt with him and he’s not yours already. I mean, you’re Layla Adams, the leader of school’s elite. You can have every guy, what happened now? When you’re not going to find him I’m going to loose my inspiration.’’ while she was gesticulating her beautiful auburn curls waved. She looked at me with her big brown eyes, which had a little bit of mascara on it. Lily never had a lot of make-up because she thought that natural beauty is the prettiest and I agreed with her.

‘’I just can’t go to him and do all those tricks on him... He’s not a moron like all the boys in our school. He is just different, better.’’

‘’My little Lay has her first problem with a boy, aww!’’ she made fun of me. ‘‘You know what? I’m starving. Is the food so bad here? Oh! I know! I’ll go to look for food somewhere close and bring it here. How about that?’’ sometimes I couldn’t believe how much she ate and how slim she was. 

‘‘Hey, if that’s enough for you, I’ve got a few muffins.’’ I said and took them from under my bed. ‘‘Blueberry.’’

‘’Is that from your mom?’’

‘’Um, yeah.’’

‘’Oh my god, she is such a great cook, give me those!’’ She screamed. I passed her the package. She opened it and while she was eating I told her:

‘‘Tomorrow I’m leaving the hospital.’’

‘‘Ohmygodseriously?’’ she mumbled with her mouth filled with food. 

‘‘Yeah, the nurses decided that I’m okay’’ I smiled.

‘‘Great! People at school ask me about you all the time.’’ she said still eating. ‘‘Girls wanted to see you today but you know... First: I wanted to talk to you alone and second: the nurses let only one person at one time.’’

‘‘Lil, they don’t...’’

‘‘Ooops!’’ she covered her mouth with her hand pretending to be ashamed of her mistake. We both laughed.

~***~

We were talking a long time and I was very happy she came to visit me. That was so great to see her and to listen to all the gossips that go around the school. 

After she left I was wondering about the things she told me. When I wasn’t there all the girls which didn’t belong to the elite wanted to join it. I was scaring them away. Too powerful I guess. But that’s ok, at least they didn’t follow me on every step, that would be annoying. Of corse, they still wanted to be my friend (because who didn’t?) and tried to talk to me when I was without my best friends. 

I will introduce you to the elite; let’s start with me. I’m tall and slim. Some people think that I should be a model. I’m one of them. I have long, straight light-blond hair which perfectly falls on my tanned, skinny shoulders. My eyes are big and blue, the color of the deep ocean. As Lily said,  I can have EVERY guy.

Lily; my best friend ever. We know each other since we were in preschool. By that time we developed our secret code of signs, which nobody understands so we could communicate on lessons. All the other girls in the elite are my best friends too, but Lil is like sister to me. She is very beautiful, I’m in love with her long, chestnut-brown, curly hair. Every time she moves her head they are flying somewhere around. They are not very curly like afro, but spiral.  She has big, brown eyes by which she had charmed many guys. She is a cheerful person which I can count on every time I’m sad or just when we want to spend some time together laughing. I can’t imagine living without her. 

Next comes Marina,  me and Lily met her at the first class of  primary school. We became friends fast. Her mother was Spanish and father American; that made her naturally tanned skin, gorgeous, big black eyes and dark-brown wavy hair. She had a great sense of humor but when we were in trouble, her lying skills saved us almost every time. 

Alison; she also came to know us during the first year of primary school.  She has light blond curly hair which ends at her shoulders. Her skin is paler than the other girls’ but its not bad. Her eyes are the color I’d never seen before; green, but not very dark and dirty but pure green leaf on summer. 

At the end we come to Yumi. We met her at a camp in third grade of primary school. She is a nice girl, very helpful. She has some Japanese roots which means she has black, straight hair which at the front were cut on her forehead. What can I say? She is beautiful, every girl in the elite is. Smart and funny. Some people think we’re perfect... Well, we’re close.