Chapter 5

Chapter 5

After Lily left me I went to sleep. Everything tired me so much after that accident. The doctors said it was only happening because I was weak after the attack and the coma I was in. 

I felt that somebody touched my hand. I opened my eyes. It was Matt.

‘’Oh, it’s so nice to see you!’’ I didn’t lie. 

‘‘You too, that’s why I came.’’ He smiled. I was about to faint. ‘‘How are you?’’

‘‘I’m good... Yeah, I feel better. It’s very... good...’’ I couldn’t think of any better answer. God, what did he do to me? Wht happened to the calm and confident girl I used to be?

‘‘You are so beautiful.’’ He said. I knew that but the situation seemed so unreal. His face was so close to mine. Our lips were almost touching when...

‘‘Layla? Um... Good afternoon.’’ I woke up. I jumped off the bed hardly breathing. That scared the men, who were standing in the door.

‘‘Yes, good afternoon.’’ I tried to control myself and act normally. ‘‘Come, sit please.’’ I pointed on the two chairs standing next to the wall in front of my bed. They walked there trying to go there as far from me as possible.

‘‘Hello Miss Adams.’’ One of them stopped the silence. ‘’As you can see we are from the police.’’ I was so focused on my dream that I didn’t even realize that those two nice people were policemen. ‘’We would like to ask you some questions about the attack.’’

‘’Oh, yeah, sure.’’ I was still confused after the dream.

‘‘Can you tell us something about the man that attacked you?’’ 

‘’Um... I didn’t actually see him clearly because it was dark and most of the time he was behind me but his voice was characteristic. He spoke with the thickest Spanish accent I’ve ever heard.’’ I went back in time to that night. ‘‘And now I remember, I think I bit him in his left arm. He should have a light mark after that.’’

‘’Do you remember his look? What was his hair? His body? Face...?’’ The policeman asked when he finished writing the things I said.

‘‘Well, I remember he was short but hunky.’’ I tried to reconstruct him in my mind. I closed my eyes and touched my forehead. ‘’He had long, dark, curly hair. I remember that because it seemed too long as for a man. It was like till here.’’ I touched my shoulder almost in the middle.

‘‘Okay.’’ He said noting. ‘’Is there anything more you can say about him?’’

‘‘I’m sorry, I think it’s everything I remember...’’

‘‘Thank you very much, Miss Adams. We will inform you about the progress of that case. Right now we need to ask some questions to mr.Craig.’’ They stood up and walked to the door.

‘‘Mr.Craig....? Who is that?’’ I was surprised.

‘’Oh, I thought you met him... He saved your life.’’ 

‘‘So I know his last name now.’’ I said it more to myself than to them. ‘‘Thank you for your help.’’

‘‘Get better soon.’’ And they left me alone with my thoughts.