Wedding

Blue isn't really my color, but that's okay because my dad looks really great in it. So's Aunt Babs. And Lian, actually, who also gets to be a bridesmaid.

That's right. It's my dad's wedding day. It's a few days until Christmas, and the ground is dusted with enough snow that it looks really gorgeous but not so much that it's problematic. The sky will be grey in pictures, but I think it's so pretty.

Even though my dad isn't really religious—I mean, I guess he's more religious than me, considering I'd be a pagan or something weird like that—the wedding's at a church. It's not what I would want, but it's nice in a traditional way.

Aunt Babs is in a white dress and she looks so pretty. It's not so poofy that she's uncomfortable in her chair and it's got tons of decoration on the top portion, which is sort of like a corset. It's long-sleeved, and the sleeves attach to the corset. I went with her to try on dresses, along with Steph and Cass, and she looks so good in this one.

Steph, Cass, Lian, Dinah Lance, and I are bridesmaids. Dinah's the maid of honor. Aunt Babs actually asked me if I wanted to be the maid of honor, which was really cool of her but I told her that this is her wedding, not mine, and I wanted her to pick someone she's known longer.

My dad and Aunt Babs are being so considerate of what I want, but this really doesn't have much to do with me. She's been part of my family for so long that it doesn't feel very different at all. I'm pretty sure my relationship freaks my dad out more than his freaks me out.

The wedding is so pretty. My Uncle Vic and Aunt Sarah's daughter is the flower girl. My Uncle Roy, Garth, and Wally, and Tim, Damian and even Jason are the groomsmen. Babs's dad gives her away and he shakes my dad's hand.

It's cute. I don't even think I would mind getting a half-sibling out of this arrangement. Probably.

The actual ceremony is cute and everything, but I hope it's okay that I skip to the fun part: The reception

They're so, so cute dancing. My dad picks her up and she hooks her arms around his neck, and then she goes back to the chair and dances with her dad while my dad comes to get me and we dance together.

He's so happy he can't stop smiling, and I hope he was this happy when he got married to my mom. I hope my mom was this happy when she married Phy'zzon. I hope I'm this happy when I get married, someday.

The song changes and my dad leaves for a second and he comes back with Damian in tow, his fingers tight around his wrist, and he pushes us together. Steph and Tim come on the dance floor, and so do Bruce and Selina, and Nell and her boyfriend, and Cass dances with my dad.

Damian doesn't like being so touchy in public. He'll hold my hand, he'll kiss me once or twice, he'll do that thing where he touches me under my chin. He's worse in front of our family. I lace my fingers together behind his neck and I get closer.

"Hi," I say, and I slide my fingers into his hair at the nape of his neck. We've been seeing each other, but everything's been kind of a rush and we haven't had much time to actually talk.

He smirks at me, amused. "You realize that the Commissioner is now your grandfather."

Oh man. I hadn't thought of that. "Ugh, why is that the first thing you have to say to me?"

"Sorry. You look very pretty," he amends, but he's still smirking.

"Liar. This is a bridesmaid's dress. Nobody looks pretty in those."

"You do."

"Yeah, yeah."

"Honestly," he says, and he pulls me even closer.