Time Heals all Wounds

"He took everything from me on that night, now after all these years I can finally exact my revenge".

A lone base stood at the centre of an island in the middle of the sea, a humming noise emitting from the structure. People in grey uniforms scrambled around, apart from an individual who gazed out the window.

"Sir, are you absolutely sure you want to do this?".

The figure turned around and began walking away from his window toward the questioner.

"It's time".

"Yes Absolutely Mr Kirkland sir!".

"Raise and ready the weapon. Now!".

The floor of the base opened up and a giant device rose out of the ground and up to where Arthur was standing.

"Load the warning shot and fire, this....this should get his attention." a thunderous boom was heard, shaking the trees as the projectile launched over the sea.

Across the ocean Alfred suddenly woke to hear a faint whistling overhead, peering out the window he saw something heading straight for him, it smashed through the window but he rolled out of the way as it landed on the bed.

"What the hell is that??", Alfred noticed a dummy projectile with the British flag wrapped around it, ".....Oh no, not him, not now!", his eyes giving a thousand yard stare, "So, you want to do this now Arthur?, I'm on my way!".

Alfred jumped in the car and headed to the pier before commandeering a boat and riding across the sea, only to swim the rest of the way once he got within faint visual range of Arthur's base.

"You can never let things go can you?, no matter how much time passes you're always stuck in the past, you never learn!, looks I'll just have to take you down for good!" he muttered to himself while struggling through the waves.

He finally reached Arthurs base and began ascending the stairs to the entrance before the main door opened and soldiers walked out.

Alfred dived into the bushes, avoiding them and sneaking inside before the door closed, "this place is massive!" he thought to himself before being rendered unconscious by a blunt object to the back of his head, hitting the floor hard.

He awoke to find himself being dragged by Arthur's lackeys and forcefully sat on a chair, his hands and feet being zip-tied to it, "Arthur why are you doing this?!" he cries out.

"You know why", Arthur said with a sick grin, remembering the traitor said that to him before he walked off and left him in the mud and rain, "we had everything and you turned your back on me!, so now I'm going to make you regret that day".

Arthur's goons left the room as Arthur removes his suit jacket and opened a locked box to find thick leather gloves.

"...However, first...let's get reacquainted after all these years....", The brit smirked as he slid his gloves on.

"..My little brother..."

Alfred's face changed from anger to realisation and panic as he realised what he was in for as Arthur closed then locked the door to the room they were in.

"My dear Alfred...oh dear, oh dear, oh dear, It's just you, me and all this bonding time" Arthur tutted at him mockingly while grinning sickly and advancing towards him from the left side at a quickening pace before punching Alfred in the face sending the American toppling to the floor.

Arthur lifted him back up only to get spat on.

He looked at Alfred with disgust before mockingly laughing "Oh you're a funny man Mr Jones...I have missed you so much".