Prologue: Enrolment

It was the day of enrolment for Ash Ketchum, he was being sent to Hero High. Hero High is a school that is in the sky that teaches kids with powers to become superheroes. The reason for this is that his parents, Red and Delia Ketchum, are two of the most well-known superheroes. His father was known as Buster Man and had superhuman strength while his mother was known as Falco and had the power of flight. Ash however, despite having both parents with superpower genetics, had no power whatsoever. He couldn't lift anything that was heavier than him and he couldn't fly at high speed.

"Well son, I hope you do well on your first day of school" Red exclaimed.

"Are you sure dad?" Ash asked, "I don't even have superpowers"

"Don't worry, every superhero takes their time to get their powers" Red informed.

As Ash was walking out of his house, he saw his best friend, Andrew, waiting by the footpath. He and Andrew have been friends since childhood. His outfit consisted of a blue shirt and tie with a lab coat over it, he wore grey trousers and green trainers as well. He also had frameless glasses over his green eyes and his black hair was moved to one side. As they were walking to the bus stop, they met up with Serena, a girl they knew from childhood and became friends with.

"Hey Serena" Ash greeted.

"Hey guys, ready for high school?" Serena asked.

"I'm kind of nervous since I don't have any superpowers" Ash admitted.

"Well, I do know is that there a two ranks which are sidekicks and heroes" Andrew stated, "Those with a useful superpower go to hero rank while the ones that are deemed not useful are put as sidekick"

"I'm pretty sure most of us will get sidekick" Serena sighed.

"Well, my dad told me that the coach can be very biased so I hope he isn't too bad" Ash exclaimed.

After their conversation, the bus stopped at their stop and they met up with their other friends. Their other friends include Clemont, Phoenix, Miyoko, Drake, John and Jack. The students didn't expect the bus driver to be driving towards a closed road and everyone started screaming except the driver. The bus drove off the broken road until the driver pulled a lever and the bus turned into a plane. The bus-plane flew at a high speed before landing on the schools landing pad.

"Why didn't they warn us about this?" Clemont questioned.

"Maybe it was their way of testing our bravery" Drake stated.

There were many kinds of students with many different powers around the school. Some include laser eyes, ice breath, super speed, and elastic body. All of the recruiting students were being taken to the gym where they will be tested. Upon arrival, a man in a coach uniform was standing on a pad in the middle of the room. He had a clipboard in his hands and had a very serious expression on his face.

"I am Coach Kaboom and I will be testing your superpowers" Kaboom announced, "If I say you're a sidekick, stand to the left of the gym and if I say you're a hero, stand to the right"

"How are you going to test us?" Jack asked.

"Simple, you come on this pad with me and show your powers, I will judge whether you are a hero or a sidekick" Kaboom explained.

Small Fourth Wall Breaking

Since the Author is too lazy to do many things, he will just write the main characters.

Wall Break Ended

The first to come onto the pad was Serena and she shrunk to the size of a guinea pig. That put her as a sidekick since Coach Kaboom says she is too vulnerable. Once it was Clemont's turn, he told the coach to turn off the lights and he changed into a glowing yellow colour. He was put in sidekick since loads of people called his power useless. Next was Andrew's and he impressed Coach Kaboom by turning into an electric current and travelling from an outlet to another. But he was put into sidekick after the coach realised he couldn't physically electrocute people.

"You people have worthless superpowers, you hear that" Kaboom screamed.

Drake, John, Jack and Phoenix all had their turn and were put into sidekick. The reasons were Drake was too messy, John has a lack of use for his powers, Jack can't turn into the material he has touched and Phoenix's is an invasion of privacy. Mainly because he read out Coach Kaboom's e-mails out loud. Miyoko had her turn and she was insulted by the coach which almost caused her to attack him. Finally, it was Ash's turn.

"So you're the one who has the famous superhero parents" Kaboom started.

"That's true sir" Ash replied.

"Let's see if you have your dad's strength" Kaboom exclaimed, "Car"

As soon as he said that, a car came falling down towards Ash which shocked everyone, especially Serena. Quickly thinking, Ash dropped to the floor as the car almost crushed him and he laid their underneath it. Coach Kaboom took the car back up and the raven-haired boy stood up.

"ARE YOU CRAZY TRYING TO KILL ME???" Ash asked.

"It's just a test, now let's see if you can fly like your mother" Kaboom explained as he pressed a button on a remote.

A spring board underneath Ash sent him flying into the air and everyone watched to see if he could fly. But instead, he ended up falling and landed head first onto the floor and then fell back lying on the ground. After recovering, Ash was put in with the sidekicks as he didn't have any apparent powers.

An hour later

"Man, it sucks to not have powers in a school of super humans" Ash exclaimed.

"Whelp, at least we will be in the same class" Andrew pointed out while putting a bandage on Ash.

"Yeah, the special class where we have to learn about how to be a sidekick" John stated.

"I hope this will be an easy path" Phoenix hoped.

The group of friends then all went to their class where they will be learning on how to be a superhero's sidekick.