I mucked up, didn't I?

Tony Stark x reader
Requested by Verkira888
Prompt: Number 19
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Steve's P.O.V

I woke up to a smashing sound coming from the kitchen.

"ANTHONY STARK! I SWEAR TO GOD, IF YOU DO NOT HAVE AN EXPECTABLE EXCUSE THAN YOU ARE DEAD!"

Y/N?

I rolled over and sat up on my bed as the shouting continued followed by another smash.

"LOOK, YOU BEING UNREASONABLE-"

"I'M BEING UNREASONABLE? I'M NOT THE ONE CAUGHT BLOODY CHEATING ON THEIR GIRLFRIEND!"

"SO WHAT?"

"SO WHAT!? MAYBE IF YOU PULL THE CACTUS OUT OF YOUR ARSE, IT WILL HELP YOU STOP BEING A PRICK!"

Oh no...

I walked out of my room and headed towards the sound.

Suddenly, a plate flew past my head hitting the wall.

"Y/N? Tony?"

They both looked at me until Y/N spoke up.

"Hey Steve, sorry if we woke you. I'm just trying to comprehend why I ever thought Mr Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist would change one part of that title!"

"Ok, but stop throwing plates... They were expensive!"

"Sorry Steve, got anything thing else I could throw?"

I thought for a moment, "You could use my shield."

"Perfect-"

"Hey, can I get a say in this?"

"If you were playing cards, would you listen to a cheaters words?"

He opened his mouth to say something but closed it almost immediately.

Y/N stared him down and then walk towards me.

"I'm going to get your shield, if he's not gone by the time I get back... I'm taking the suit for my share of his will."

She began to walk down the hall towards my room.

I heard a groan escape Tony's mouth as he fell back into the armchair, resting his head in his hands.

"I mucked up, didn't I?"

"You've done more than muck up, Tony. Seriously... When you met Y/N, I thought you'd stop."

I walked other to the chair next to him, sitting down while saying "Who was it?"

He stayed quiet.

"Tony..."

"Pepper... It was Pepper, but I swear to God I didn't want to!"

"Tell me what happened."

Tony's P.O.V

"Well, I was in the lab with Bruce working on Y/N suit. I sent Bruce to bed because he looked like hell, then it was just me."

"The door opened and I was ready to tell Bruce to get his ass back up to his room. But it was Pepper, I said hi and turned back to my work."

"She came over to me and I remember smelling something, like a gas. I put it off as just her perfume."

"Then the next thing I know I'm in bed with Pepper, Y/N comes in and I don't have a bloody clue what happened. Pepper said we-"

Steve cut in, "Yeah, I get the picture. You said you smelt a gas, it could of been some common anaesthetics."

I head Y/N footsteps down the hall, "Steve, Y/N doesn't do empty threats. Hide me!"

"Why?"

"Because I love her!" I said jumping behind the armchair.

Y/N's P.O.V

I clutched Cap's shield in my hand tightly, I don't do empty threats.

When I got to the kitchen, I only saw Steve standing awkwardly in front of the chair.

"He left, said he'll get you a house where you can go-"

"I'm staying here, I am a professional. I knew I shouldn't of dated someone in the Avengers..."

I placed the shield gently down on the floor, "I knew the risks, I prepared myself for the very worst. I mean I'm an Avenger for Thor sake, I should be able to handle this."

I looked up at Steve, "But I really did love him... Guess life just wants to come and bite me in the ass again because guess what? Y/N L/N opened her heart out to another human being for the first time in her life!"

I broke down from then, Steve hugged me as I felt my tears soak through his white shirt.

"Sweetheart..."

My head flicked away from Steve and stared at the black haired male.

"I thought you said he had gone Steve! You backed him up?"

I began to storm back to my room when I heard, "She gassed me Y/N!"

I froze, "What do you mean she gassed you?"

"Well we don't know, out best bet was-"

I interrupted, "Common anaesthetics..."

"Yeah."

"Someone raided my medical stores last week, the only thing missing? A litre of anaesthetics."

This is all my fault...

"This is all my fault..." I said quietly.

I turned around to be met with Tony's face, "I'm... Sorry about the things I said."

"But I do think it would help removing the cactus some times, hmm?"

"Shut up..."

I laughed under my breath, "We need to buy Steve new plates."

"The plates can wait, but I think you might want your suit back now."

"Hey Tony?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I hit you one time with the shield? Pplleeaassee?"

He rolled his eyes, "Fine, but don't hit the face... Or my di-"

"Shut up and let me hit you!" I said skipping over to where I placed Steve's shield.

I grasped the cold metal and went back to Tony.

"Brace yourself."

"I don't need to brace my self-"

I full on slapped his chest, sending him flying backwards.

Tony layer on the ground for a a minuet, "Hooooolllyyyy shhhhiiiiittttt..."

"The best part about this, is that I don't even feel the finest bit of guilt."