You're beautiful || Edd

YOLOSWAGTODAY I am so sorry I only did this now. I'm almost going to graduate, after 6 FUCKING YEARS OF HARD WORK so I wasn't really able to focus on this one. Sorry if I somehow let you down! I hope you enjoy, nonetheless.

Main idea: Edd x blind reader

...

Ever since you first met Edd in the 3rd grade, your whole life changed.

You remembered the thought of it like it was yesterday. You were so weak, helplessly laying on the ground while others called you names. Tears fell from your eyes, despite your condition. Not being able to see, you desperately searched for your stick. 

But, alas, your rivals already took hold of it. "Hm, what should we do with this?" One girl laughed. "Break it, obviously! This blind freak doesn't need a guide, she can suffer on her own!" another girl exclaimed.

"Please, I just want to be left alone." You softly spoke out, earning their roar of laughter. "Left alone? Give us a reason why we'd want to be friends with someone blind then we'll leave you alone." The guy responded. 

You couldn't do anything. Your mind was blank, but at the same time, your heart was aching. It wanted to be set free, to finally be alone. So you just sat there, alone and weak. And without your stick? You're probably going to be scolded by your parents!

"H-Help!" You cried out. "No one will hear you here!" The first girl teased. "It's just you, and us." 

"No one to trust you"

"No one to love you"

"No one to ever, ever help you."

You were afraid now. Their words hit you badly like it was a dart. You cried even harder, praying and hoping that someone would at least pass by.

And fortunately, someone did. According to the voice, it was the class president, Edd Gould. "Excuse me, mind if I ask what you three are doing here in this alleyway alone with (Your name)?" 

You silently gasped. The president knows your name? Like...your real real name? Wow.

"Um.." The three spoke in unison. "We were just teaching this freak a lesson!" The guy pointed at you, smiling and chuckling as if Edd would join them too. "Come along, Edd! She'd make such a great punching bag!" The second girl exclaimed.

"What? You-You bullied her?" Edd responded, quickly going towards you. He held you up, clicking his tongue while looking at your bruises. "Well, yeah!" The three responded.

Edd grabbed the stick back, grunting. "If this is what you call fun, I don't ever want to be your friend." He rolled his eyes. 

The three bullies stood in surprise. They never expected their class president to turn down their offer. Especially bullying a blind person! They could have had so much fun, they thought. 

Edd, on the other hand, took responsibility and brought home the weak and almost unconscious girl he carried.

You remembered how he introduced himself that day, and how he spoke so gently. It was making your heart flutter with joy. Even if you couldn't see his face, you could tell a lot of girls fall for him.

You suddenly felt a hand squeeze yours, gently but surely. Edd noticed you tensing up and asked if you were okay. A simple "yes" would be fine, but all that came out was a barely audible "thank you" 

Edd smiled, squeezing your hand even more. "No problem."

...

You also remembered the day, you were in your junior highs. It was February 14th. Of course, today was cheesy. You could hear everyone's confession to their crushes, laughing and giggling with delight when they would also accept them.

Then there were the ones who were sad, lonely, heartbroken. They just cry and stay alone during the day, some might even not talk to their friends. You haven't felt that kind of thing, so you couldn't relate, but it really must be so hard to bear.

Sighing, you made your way to the school benches. You patiently waited for Edd to come while listening to the calm voice of nature at the same time. It was peaceful. It was away from the loud music that blared, especially cheesy love songs.

"(Your name)!" Edd called out. shoving away all the other girls that creepily followed him. He waved to you, chuckling when he remembered your condition. "What's funny?" You asked, with a curious tone. "Oh nothing," Edd shook off. "it's just that you look very beautiful today." he responded, earning your shy laughter.

"Don't say that, you're making me embarrassed." you blushed. "Hey, (your name), can I ask you a question?" Edd asked seriously. "Yeah?" You replied, feeling almost afraid of how serious he sounded.

"Did you know that everyday, I wake up early?" Edd asked, still with his low chuckling. "Of course! Why wouldn't I know--"

"But did you know why I kept doing that?" Edd cut you off. You couldn't see, yes, but you were sure he was smiling. "No....why do you keep doing that?" you asked, beaming up with more curiosity.

"It's because you inspire me everyday, (your name). I used to think that waking up in the morning was bittersweet and I barely had any energy to get up. But you...you make every morning beautiful and worth it. (Your name), I love you. Please be my girlfriend. What do you say?" Edd pursed his lips, waiting for your response.

Your heart was beating quickly. You did love him back, it's just so much for you to handle. Your mind suddenly went back to the time he held your hand during walking to the park with you. 

Also to the time he brushed your hair neatly, telling you jokes all the time. He certainly did make you smile. 

And lastly to the time he asked you out to the winter ball. You didn't know how to dance, so he taught you. He did it with grace, and made your heart flutter every time you think back to it. You finally realized your answer.

"Yes," you stood up.

"YES!" You yelled once more, signaling him to hug you. Edd was so happy that he brought you up and spun you around, laughing and slowly bringing you closer to him. Laughing, you rested your forehead unto his.

"I love you, (Your name)."

"I...I love you too, Edd." you responded, finally happy to call someone your own.

...

Everyday was the same routine. He'd visit you in the mornings, help you get ready, walk you to school then mutter the two words you were really flustered to hear. 

The words were very, very simple. But simple things mean a lot more than they should to you. Edd would pull you close and hug you, plant a kiss on your cheek then mutter,

"You're beautiful."

"You're beautiful to my eyes, and I hope you will never ever leave me, because you are my hope, my light and my love all at the same time. I love you, and I forever will."

...

Well there you go I hope that wasn't shitty.