My Baby

Benjamin

What have I done?

I kissed her, and it felt so good. Better than any kiss I've had.
Her lips were so soft.
Her body so warm as I held her. The way she responded to the kiss, I didn't want to let go.
I wanted her to be mine.
I wanted her so much.

But she wasn't mine. She couldn't possibly be, because I have a girlfriend. A girlfriend that my whole family wants me to marry.

Shit!

I couldn't marry Jessica when I was in Love with someone else.

Was I in love with Michelle?

I don't know, but I know I can't control whatever I feel for her.

I want to be near her all the time. I've never felt this way about anyone. Not even my girlfriend of 5 years.

Jessica.

She has been so loyal. So faithful, and I pay her back by kissing someone else!

I'm such an asshole!

It wasn't fair.

I had to tell Jessica what I had done.

I had to tell her I didn't deserve her love.

Let her go and be with a better man.

I cheated, but I wouldn't lie too.
I had to tell Jessica the truth.
That I had feelings for Michelle.
That I wasn't fit to be her boyfriend anymore. That I was so sorry for hurting her.

"Benny are you okay?" she asks taking my hand and my head snap up to see Jessica.

We were out on a date to celebrate my birthday.

One day after my birthday.

I was with someone else on my birthday.

And now all I could think of was her.

I had been so quiet all through the date and this was the third time Jessica was asking if I was okay.

I had to tell her.

I sigh deeply.

"It's your birthday. Why are you so moody? What's going on?" She asks with a frown.

I stare at her bright blue eyes.
Her blonde hair was curled and dropped down her shoulders. She had taken her time to look beautiful for me.
And now I'm about to break her heart.

I'm such a a Jerk.

My eyes begin to water.
"I'm sorry Jess. You've been such a loyal girlfriend. I don't deserve you. I betrayed you"

She lets go of my hands and her eyes widen. "What did you do?" She asks in horror.

"I kissed Michelle" I say and she stares at me blankly.

"Okay Ben, I hate that bitch and I warned you to stay away from her because she is a slut. Of course she would seduce you. But it was just a kiss and it's okay because it was a mistake and it meant nothing right?" She says staring at me in anticipation.

I shut my eyes and sigh

"Jess. I, I can't do this anymore. I can't keep dating you when the truth is that - i have these strong feelings for her. I'm sorry. I'm a jerk for doing this to you and I'd understand if you hate me forever. I betrayed you and fell for someone else while you have been so loyal. But, but I just have to end our relationship. It's not fair on you. And I'd be lying to myself if I keep dating you" I say and watch as her expression becomes furious.