Part Ten

When Ruby opened her eyes, the sunlight blinded her. She blinked rapidly as she attempted to sit up but was stopped something on her stomach. She looked down to see an arm splayed across her abdomen. She turned to see who it belonged to and saw a mess of blond hair.

"Yang!" Ruby exclaimed in her mind. She smiled softly and moved her sister's arm, then glanced around.

The room looked slightly messier then when she left but mostly it was still tidy. Yang's bed was a mess, the curtains were drawn shut and the floor was clean.

Ruby chuckled to herself as she jumped down and landed lightly on the floor. She straightened and quickly got dressed.

Just as she was fastening her cape around her neck the door opened and and Weiss and Blake walked in.

"Hey Ruby," Blake greeted. "How does it feel to be back in your own clothes?"

"It feels absolutely wonderful!" Ruby exclaimed.

"I don't mean to interrupt," Weiss cut in, "but if we want to have breakfast before classes start we should wake Yang."

"You're right," Ruby agreed and quickly turned to wake her sister.

"Yang. Yang wake up," Ruby whispered to her. The blond swatted at her hand and turned away. "Yang, you need to get up."

"Ruby," Yang muttered sleepily. She opened her eyes and purple met silver. "Ruby, your here," she exclaimed, suddenly awake.

"Yes, I'm really here," Ruby confirmed, hugging her sister. "And, I'm really hungry. So get dressed."

Yang nodded and let go of her, changing as fast as she could, before they left for the dining hall.

——————

Hey, so I think I'm going to stop apologizing for being late, because it seems to have just become a thing. But I hope you like this part, though it seems kind of awkward to me. Thank y'all for being so patient with me.
-Styx