Chapter 5

(Meredith's Pov )

I was having so much fun with Matt we just talked the whole time. I learned that he is from West Seneca NY and that he has been playing volleyball for about as long as I have. (Basically since 3rd grade) He is one year older than me and he goes to Penn State. I learned from watching him that he is an Outside hitter, a pretty amazing one at that. We were so lost in our conversation that I lost track of time. I looked at my phone and saw that my match started in less than 8 minutes. I quickly grabbed my stuff and started to get up."Wait, where are you going?" he asks. "My match is starting soon I've gotta get warmed up! Sorry, text me?"

"Wait" he says "Ya?" I say with hope.

"What court are you on I'll come and watch?" He said in a soft tone. I was already to starting to run back and I just yelled "COURT 3!!"and I sprinted back to our spot and got ready, my friend Fin, was over there laying on her phone talking to her boyfriend Riley. "Fin! Lets go! The match starts in 5 minutes!"

"What!? huh! oh! ok! Sorry Riley gotta go warm up!" Finley blurted.

"Ok! I'll come watch!" he said. I laughed because he said it in a childish voice.

We get over to the court and the game is almost over with the score is 24 to 22. With one more hit by the winning team the game was over. I go and grab a ball and run onto the court before the team is even done with shaking hands. I stand there waiting to see who's ready to pepper. I see Finley just standing over in a corner talking to Riley and I yell " FINLEY! get yo ass over here noww and start peppering with me!!!" She looked startled by her little jump hop thing she did and she kisses Riley real quick and sprints over. I stand there laughing my ass off because while she ran over she ran into a random person and fell to her knees. "Good thing you have knee pads!" I yell, she sits there laughing and gets up and finally makes it over to me without killing herself. We start passing and everyone else comes onto the court.

TWEET

That's the captain whistle. "Hey coach," I yelled, "who's captain?" My coach had forgotten to assign captains so she quickly blurted out two names. "Uh, you and Cam!" I looked around until I spotted Cameron. "CAM! CAPTAINS!" The two girls come back and say that we got serve. I hear YESSS out of most of the girls because we used to never get the first serve when we were younger, it was kind of a joke. We get lined up and go shake hands when we get back we go to our starting positions. I'm starting off as our fist server. I get the ball and while I look to throw my toss I see him...

Hey sorry guys it took so long to get these last two chapters out but thanks for being patient. I've just been so busy with sports. Vote and comment please!!