D-2

Wednesdays were a mix of good and bad for Jihoon. On one hand, he didn't share any classes with any of his friends; but on the other hand, Wednesday night was the weekly meet up with his entire circle of close friends.

The odd tradition started last year when an overly drunk Jeonghan whined about how he would miss spending time with everyone and didn't stop crying until they all promised to have a weekly meet up, one which Jeonghan insisted should be done midweek because he couldn't stand 5 weekdays without an ounce of fun. It was weird, but their group was everything but conventional so everyone just shuffled their schedules around to make time for Wednesday nights.

Another tradition they had was taking turns having the meetups at each others' places, since having 13 rambunctious teens in close proximity often resulted in them getting kicked out of public places in under 10 minutes for being too loud.

This week was Jeonghan's turn, and this automatically meant getting drunk and screaming at each other during video games. Jihoon felt bad for the younger ones as they had to be in a separate room. It would take another 2 years before everyone could get drunk at the same time, and Jihoon actually wasn't looking forward to that.

When Jihoon unlocked the door with a copy of the key (which Jeonghan had graciously given to everyone), he was surprised to see everyone sober - he knew this because he didn't hear anyone yodelling nonsense, just his friends yelling at each other over what sounded like Mario Kart, judging from the all too familiar theme song being played on the tv.

"Jihoonie!"

Jeonghan pulled the younger into a hug, the shorter male not fighting it since he didn't want to deal with Jeonghan's infamous whining if he resisted.

"Hey, Han," Jihoon returned, wrapping a single arm around the taller male since his other hand was preoccupied with a bag containing boxes of fried chicken he'd bought on the way over. "Not drinking tonight?"

When Jeonghan pulled back, his pretty pink lips were gathered in a pout. "I wanted to, but Cheol said that we should celebrate the four of you graduating 'properly', whatever that means." Then, he yanked Jihoon by the arm and whispered into his ear, "drinking night is postponed to this Sunday, but don't tell Cheol; he's not invited."

Jihoon snickered and nodded, relishing in the familiarity of the eldest 3 messing with each other. "Roger that, Han."

"Good." Grabbing the plastic bag from Jihoon’s hold, Jeonghan pivoted him in the direction of the living room. "Go wild, Ji! You're finally graduating high school!"

"Woozi!" Seokmin greeted with his unforgettable toothpaste ad worthy smile. Jihoon glanced at the screen and wasn't surprised that Donkey Kong was the character Seokmin had picked to race against Yoshi, who was Soonyoung's pick.

"Hey, Ji," Soonyoung acknowledged without tearing his eyes away from the screen, tongue sticking out as he made a sharp turn and deployed a turtle shell. It successfully crashed into Donkey Kong's car, earning an ear-splitting dolphin wail from Seokmin.

"Bish, how dare you?!" Seokmin was furious, tapping the buttons rapidly, his Donkey Kong slowly respawning on the race track. He tried to aim all the banana peels he received and hoped that Yoshi would trip on one, but it was useless as Donkey Kong found himself slipping on his own banana peels.

Soonyoung laughed as he easily dodged the other players' advances, Wonwoo's Wario coming in close behind him while Minghao's Mario was at 5th place trying to catch up to the older two who were head to head in first and second place. Seokmin was still struggling at 12th place as they advanced to the 3rd lap and was now hoping to get the black bullet instead of banana peels, just so he wouldn’t be in last place.