Chapter 1

I was as lonely as could be. Now, I never actually feel lonely...because I'm quite content with who I am right now. But there's this feeling that I can't place that makes me feel something.

My life was great. I have a great family, my grades are amazing and my skin is clear! Which is an accomplishment for me. So what was I doing at the vet at four o'clock in the morning?

My cat threw up on my face.

It sounds as bad as it seems and after I threw up(which came after the after shock of my mouth hanging open), it easily became my duty to call my aunt and ask her to open her place up for me. She obviously complied and 45 minutes later she also removed a small LEGO from her throat. Usually I would be pretty mad in a situation like this but because it's summer break and the fact that it was the missing LEGO piece to my Star Wars Death Star II set, I actually felt a little guilty.

But that's besides the point. Right now, I was standing outside of the corner store, wearing super short soffee shorts and a tank top. My super curly hair was pulled up in a messy bun to stop itself from flowing over my shoulders and down my back.

I was in that store to get me some famous hot Cheetos. Sadly they have a strict, no animals policy. So, being the smart, intelligent person I am, I tied Dog, my cat, to the door handle. It was safe because I could easily see through the glass to her and it's not like anybody is awake at four in the morning anyway right?

Wrong. It seems that after battling over original skittles and sour skittles and ultimately getting neither required time, and so by the time I went outside. My beloved cat was gone, and my hot Cheetos were ten cents too much so I had to break another dollar bill. There's two ways I could go about this, immediately go back inside and ask the creepy guy to use his phone or search for her myself. So that's what I did, I asked to use the phone, and after being denied I began to look for her.

"Dog! Where are you?" I drag out the 'you' as I walk down the street. All of a sudden, I hear a movement behind me. Being the smooth person I am, I turn around and bump into a hard chest and fall on the ground.

"Ow hey, watch where you're going bucko." I grumble standing up. Then I glance up and my eyes meet with quite possibly the hottest guy I have ever seen. He had it all, the green eyes, the black hair, the Chisler jawline, the cheekbones, the plump pink lips, the body. What he also had, was my cat.

"Hey! You found my cat!" I reach for the leash and he gives it to me.
"Thanks a lot," I say and smile at him. He doesn't respond and instead nods gruffly and turns around and walks away. "okay just walk away..."I mumble. As I begin my journey home, I step on something and I hear a crack. Looking down, I see a gold chain with a cross glistening in the moonlight, unfortunately I broke the chain. I bite my lip and look at the retreating figure of the handsome man.

There seems to be two options here, run after him and give him the broken necklace, risking myself getting my head bitten off or get it fixed and look through my dad's database for this man. The latter seemed like a better option to me. So, after stuffing the necklace safely in my pocket, I begin my venture home. And after getting comfy in my bed, with the lights turned off and the sound of rain coming from my radio, my eyelids become heavy and I drift to sleep.

~~~

The sun broke through the curtains of my room and was not pleasing at all. Groaning, I did that weird stretch thing and got out of bed. My eyes wander to my phone as it read 12:49 p.m. Right on time. After washing my face and brushing my teeth, I decided that right about now would be a good time to get that necklace fixed.