CHAPTER ONE [C]

I had always been told when I was younger that love was a wonderful thing and that it was definitely worth fighting for. I totally agreed with that because the 2 times I had been really in love, I was feeling like in heaven. Even all the times we would scream at each other didn't compare to what we felt when we were together.

    But that was until I met Abbie Bayle. Eighteen, brunette and brown eyes. A real devil hidden behind the most perfect lips ever. The first time I saw her, I found her so beautiful I wanted to throw up. The way that she played with her hair and the way that she was eating her sandwich were so beautiful. And eventually, I asked her out.

    When she accepted, I knew that she also loved me, but she loved me like someone liked sunsets, or good music, while I, truly loved her, well, I think I did. And that hurt me. And thinking about it always hit me right in the heart because until now, during our 3 months relationship, I had never felt, not even once, that she was the one who loved more.

    "Calum Hood, you're the worst person ever! I'm giving up!" were the last words she told me before starting the engine and leaving me alone in the middle of nowhere. And I wasn't even mad at her because, and she had nothing to worry about because I would always come back crawling to her.

    Abbie Bayle was a real devil.

    I had been sitting in the middle of the road, for three hours, and the only car that had passed there was a Lamborghini with a jerk inside, believe I would've gotten in if he hadn't told me I 'had a good butt'. Not that he was gay, and not that I'm homophobic, I just didn't trust his hands.

    I couldn't believe Abbie had left me here. Who knew those perfect brown eyes were able to do something so mean? But maybe that was the point, maybe she used those adorable puppy eyes to trick everyone and use them as slaves. Like how she used me.

    I stood up and wiped my pants, including my 'good butt', and looked around to see where I could go, but it was seriously getting dark because it was six in the afternoon. How did we even end up in the middle of nowhere? That was one lesson; never let a girl drive when she's angry. All that was around me were woods, huge woods, I had never seen so many trees in one place. It made me remember that I still had so many places to visit, and most of them were in my country. I had to take time to visit the world before finding myself on a wheel chair trying to reach the pot of jam on top of the fridge.

    I decided to visit these woods, since it was the only thing I could do, but obviously carefully. I had read so many stories and seen so many movies about dangerous woods, I wasn't going to run to my death. So, I took a rock and as I sinked in, I marked big and visible arrows on the trees that were on the way to go back.

    I was scared, of course I was, but at the same time I felt free, it was the first time I was doing something different, and alone. And if my friends saw me, they would've clapped their hands at my act of 'bravery' and whistled because they loved whistling. Nevertheless, I was the only one in our friends group, with Michael, who couldn't whistle perfectly.

    When I looked back, I was already so far from the exit, the road wasn't visible and I was sweating like hell. I didn't know what made me sweat, I just knew I did, and I'd rather assume it was for the heat, than for anything else. Then, I heard a crack coming from somewhere, like someone had stepped on a tree branch.

    "It's just a cute little animal with adorable eyes, isn't it Calum?" I mumbled to myself, as I marked another arrow on another tree. But then I thought of Abbie, and I remembered that eyes could lie. "Shit, I'm screwed", I cursed. Now I was scared. What was I supposed to do in front of an ogre?

    And I heard a laugh. Unless it was Shrek, an ogre couldn't laugh, and I was sure that Shrek didn't exist. But of course ogres could growl because I heard one. It was a real growl. Not a human trying to imitate a growl. It was a growl. And all I could think of was to run away, not even towards the exit, but towards the darkness.

    Calum Hood was a real dumbass.

    I started running trying to avoid trees but I was too busy looking behind because the growl was following me. The ogre or whatever it was, was following me. I didn't want to die like this, I needed to see Abbie and tell her I was sorry for not defending her when Ashton told her her shirt was too blue for his eyes. And I needed to see my parents to tell them I didn't want them to give my car away. And I-

    Ouch. I had just hit my head against a tree. And it hurt. This time, I really was screwed because I couldn't move anymore. My sight was blurry and my forehead was probably swelling as fast as I fell to the ground.

    At least, I died trying to fight against an ogre, not everyone dies like this.

_ _

I know it's really short and I'm so sorry I couldn't find a way to make it longer. I just wanted you to get to know Calum more.

Once again, Calum Hood is not famous in this fiction, it's fiction, and he is not like this in real life, I don't know him. It's fiction.

Don't forget to vote, comment, share to your friends and enjoy!