CHAPTER EIGHTEEN [C]

What I love most...

Waking up with a girl different than Abbie had brought some kind of weird sensation in my belly, and guilt was a part of it, but it was mostly joy. Not joy because I was happy to sleep with someone else but joy because I was happy to sleep with Leann. I was happy to have her that close to me. But of course I wasn't that happy of what I had just done. It was bad and unfaithful, and Abbie trusted me.

We had spent the whole day at Michael's appartment playing video games because apparently she had missed 'the sensation'. And at some time we stopped to watch Spy Kids 2 and 3, and to talk about how bad of spy kids we would've been. I didn't talk to Michael about what had happened last night because I was scared. I didn't plan on talking to anyone about it.

about her...

"But there are probably Spy Kids somewhere on Earth, there must be some!" Leann claimed, "A world without spy kids is not a world."

"You know what is not a world?" Michael added, "A world without unicorns."

"So I guess we live in a not-world", I shrugged while eating a bite of pizza.

"NO! UNICORNS EXIST CALUM", Leann glared at me, "Unicorns are real. I once saw one in the woods."

"No you didn't."

"I did. I wanted to see one.. So I saw one. See? It's that easy."

"No, it's not", I still insisted.

"Look", she cleared her throat, "The world is messed up. Humans create rules where there shouldn't be any, they put limits so no one can be different. Humans destroyed the world. But this world, this same world, if you look clearly inside, if you close your eyes and think deep enough, then you can make whatever you want of it. I wanted to see a unicorn so I saw one."

"Like that time I saw Brad Pitt", Michael added.

We all laughed along and the day went by like this. Even if the concert had been a disaster, Michael and Leann seemed to get along really well, and it satisfied me. I didn't want him to hate her, I didn't want anyone to hate her because even if she looked strong like this, I knew she wasn't. She was even one of the weakest person I've ever met.

At six we decided that it wasn't reasonable to stay inside like the little hermits that we were, but that it was better to go out.

"I suggest we go to work", Michael took his leather jacket and put it on.

"What?" Leann furrowed her eyebrows.

"Michael works in a sort of nightspot", I cleared it for her.

"Oh.. Yeah.. Uh.."

Michael sighed, "Let me guess.. Nightspots are too crowded for you?"

She shyly nodded. I didn't know she was scared of crowded place. But I guess it was something that she told Michael while they were waiting for me, and it was mostly why their night had gone wrong. I shrugged and looked at both of them.

"So what do you want to do?"

is that she...

"I know!" she clapped her hands and smiled the widest I've ever seen her smile, "I know!"

"Talk", Michael rolled his eyes, "Little frog."

"We could do a laser game! Laser games are so beautiful. The room is colourful and they're not real guns. Have you noticed they're not real guns? The fact that you can shoot someone without really shooting them is great."