Chapter 10

Hi,

We've reached the interlude of sorts. This is where the things start to go south per say, enjoy reading, see you at the bottom!

Chapter 10

Falling apart

It was no longer about winning or losing, nor a battle to begin with. It was simply a cluster of stubborn flames caught in a gust of wind; trying to set the wind ablaze and roaring in anger as it failed, dancing sensuously as the breeze stroked the fire, eventually merging together to create a sizzling warmth. His hair curtained them from light, falling in soft waves around them, she blinked up at his smoldering dark gaze. They broke apart, gasping for a shared breath, and his lips tugged upwards forming a haughty, faint smile that made her heart skip. The trance that bound them was still in place and Ri found herself rooted on the spot. Her skin broke into goosebumps as his rough hand caressed her cheek, sliding down her throat, skimming underneath that loose shirt to linger at her shoulder. His lips sought hers out once more, and she found herself yearning for the warmth of his mouth as it traced the sharp line of her jaw and leisurely wondered down the column of her neck.

Ri drowned the entire glass in one go, her mind back to reflect on that moment. She should have known that Omkara Singh Oberoi was injurious to her mental health. Alas; she did not, and was drawn to him like a moth to an innocently flickering flame. He was innocent only in the exterior, inside he was as addictive as any of those drugs, a fire that she would not be able to contain. Ri sighed, and buried her head in her hands, her fingertips messing with her henna colored curls. She could not afford to fall for him, no, Gauri Kumari Sharma would not lose her heart like this.

But isn't it too late? A small voice suggested in the back of her head. Was not she hopelessly fallen for that imperfect, judgmental, freak of an artist?

"Gosh!" She exhaled loudly and raised her head, her weary eyes shifting around the dimly lit club, the crowd pressing against each other senselessly and the occasional neon flashes of flickering lights, before she tapped on the polished bar counter.

"One more Johnny," she groaned, flashing a grimace at the friendly bartender. He nodded at her, eyes travelling over her face.

"Bad day Ri?" He suggested mixing her third drink.

"She doesn't have bad days Johnny, instead she spoils others' day." Someone said joining them, a voice she only knew too well. Ri looked up, her eyes burning.

"Amit!" She said curtly trying to get up. Amit held her elbow, pulling her back to a seating position. "Let go of me!"

"Why? You didn't mind earlier, let me get a good look at you sweetie," his tone was slurry and eyes hooded.

"Creep," muttered Ri. "Dude what were you drinking?" Amit ignored her, his hand still running up and down her arm. Ri folded her arms, her disgust clearly mirrored in her features. "Why are you trying to create a scene Amit?"

**

She watched him approach through the rim of the wineglass she had raised to her eyes, imitating a mock toast. Omkara ignored her and sat in a stool as far away from her as possible. Svetlana could have laughed at him, but she did not, instead she slithered across the bar counter and leaned against his arm.

"You know full well how to make someone jealous," she cooed, tracing a finger down his arm. "Such a naughty way to welcome your finacee..."

"Why did you call me here?" he snapped at her, still looking straight ahead.

""If I was not here, would I have known, the games you're playing?" Her tone was playful much to his irritation.

"Get to the point will you?"