Chapter 14 'Unexpected Duets'

***Y/N's P.O.V***

I walked down the halls, avoiding the crazy teenagers. I had music class today.

"Hi Y/N." Niall chirped from beside me. The other guys were next to him.

"Hi. Oh hey guys!" I realized the other guys were next to him. I felt an intense tension between the boys. Almost as if there was anger.

"Hey." They replied in unison.

"I wonder what Ms. H has in store for us." I said.

"Me too. She said we had a 'surprise'." Zayn said. I shrugged and we entered the class.

"Ok class I'm going to partner you up with a person and you are to sing a song with them. This will be fifty percent of your grade for this last semester." My eyes widened at what Ms. H was saying.

"It doesn't matter if you sing good. All that matters is that you try." My eyes were still wide.

"Lexis and Niall."

"Thaily and Zayn."

"Yessenia and Liam."

"Harry and Jenelca."

"and last but not least, Louis and Y/N." she called out. I sighed in relief once I heard Lou and I were partnered.

I walked over to him and he stared at me. I adverted my gaze somewhere else, feeling myself become awkward. I don't why, he's my friend. His realized what he was doing and looked at his hands. It became silent and it got even more awkward. If that was even possible.

"So what song do you want to sing?" I decided to break the silence.

"Um, whichever song you want." He finally looked at me again. I sat, thinking about

which song would be nice to sing.

"Uh do you know 'Seasons of Love' from the broadway musical Rent?" I asked him.

"Oh my gosh! I love that song." He cracked a smile.

"Ok class, who wants to start?" Ms. H asked us. Yessenia and Liam both raised their hands.

"Name the song you will be singing, and by who and then you could get started." Ms. H said. They finished their song and we clapped. I liked it, it was nice. The class continued until we were the last ones to go up.

"Y/N and Louis are next and then it'll be time to go to lunch." Ms. H announced. We stood up and went to the front of the class. I was so nervous. My hands were sweaty and shaky.

"We will be singing 'Seasons of Love' from the broadway musical Rent." Louis announced.

Most people had confused looks, which obviously didn't know anything about the musical, but Ms.H looked impressed. She gave us a count to start. We started a and then my first solo came up.

"Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes

Five hundred twenty five thousand journeys to plan

Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes

How do you measure the life of a woman or a man?" I sang and then Louis started his solo.

"In truths that she learned

Or in times that he cried

In bridges he burned or the way that she dies." He sang perfectly.

"(Oh, you got to, you got to remember the love)

Remember the love

(You know that love is a gift from up above)

Remember the love

(Share love, give love, spread love)

Measure in love

(Measure, measure your life in love)" I continued the high note as Louis finished the song. Loud claps erupted the class and I smiled. I looked at Ms. H and saw that she was crying.

"That was beautiful." She wiped the tears away. I smiled at her and gave Louis a big hug.

A/N:

I DO NOT OWN THE SONG OR ANY LYRICS.

Read more: RENT - Seasons Of Love Lyrics | MetroLyrics