Chapter Three

Chapter Three

The club was surprisingly big, probably one of the largest things in this small city. The outside looked pretty rough -- Ye-rim almost reconsidered her decision to come along -- but the inside, however, was decorated with dozens of flashing lights and music so loud it vibrated the entire building. Ye-rim had never seen anything like it.

  The two of them had been there for well over two hours now and Woo-kyung showed no signs of growing tired yet. She had been all over the dance floor, moving to the music with almost everyone there. She definitely didn't seem like the same, frustrated girl she'd been the day before. Now, she looked like she was genuinely enjoying herself, having a great time.

  Ye-rim had had a great time as well, but she found it almost impossible to keep up with her cousin, who teleported all over the place, dancing with different groups of people and having the time of her life. Ye-rim, of course, had danced as well, but she had tried to sit out most of the time, for she didn't want to be recognized by any possible fans.

  Another thing she'd tried to stay away from was the drinks. She had only had alchohol once and, even then, she'd never gotten drunk. Bo-win had always warned her of the effects drinking had on people and she didn't intend to find out what it could do to her, especially not while incognito.

  Woo-kyung, however, seemed to have no boundaries at all when it came to the subject. Ye-rim wasn't sure when the older girl had started drinking that night, but, judging by her slurred speech and the way she kept falling all over the guy she was dancing with, it wasn't five minutes ago. Suddenly, coming to a club didn't seem like the wisest decision one could ever make.

  Heading over to Woo-kyung and the boy, Ye-rim took her cousin's arm gently. "I think it's time for us to go back home," she said.

  "We haven't been here that long," the older girl slurred. "And besides, I'm having a conversation here . . ." Turning back to the guy, she shouted, "Yah! What gives you the right to offer me a ride home, anyway? Do I look incapable to you?" She stumbled forward a bit, bursting into a fit of giggles when the guy caught her, a smirk spreading across his face.

  Quickly grabbing Woo-kyung by the shoulders, Ye-rim pulled the other girl toward the exit. By now, she was nothing more than dead weight and Ye-rim knew there was no way she could drag her all the way home.

  "We can't leave yet," Woo-kyung whined, pulling her phone out of her back pocket, but only managing to drop it on the floor. "Ji-hyuk is coming. Call and see what's taking him so long."

  "Speaking of taking so long," the guy from earlier began, walking over to them, "are you ready to go or what? I have a place only a couple miles from here."

  Ye-rim struggled to keep Woo-kyung standing up as she shot the guy a glare. "Go away."

  He smirked even more. "She's a big girl. She can make her own decisions." His eyes had a mischievous glint in them, one Ye-rim didn't like at all. "Unless . . . You're jealous."

  She wanted to put him in his place, but Woo-kyung had already stumbled back into his arms. Snatching the phone off the floor, Ye-rim found Ji-hyuk's number on speed dial and called it immediately. She knew Ji-hyuk wasn't coming to pick them up, but she also knew she couldn't handle a drunk Woo-kyung and a complete pig all by herself. Besides, it wasn't like she could call Bang Ju-hee, Woo-kyung's mother, not now.

  The longer the phone rang, though, the more anxious she became, for Woo-kyung had begun speaking flirtatiously to the guy, hanging all over him, when an unfamiliar girl walked up, her entire face going a dark shade of red. "Yah! That's my boyfriend!" she shouted over the blaring music.