002

7.4.20

     Melos here. I just wanted to tell you guys that the rest of the book, or at least most of it, will be in Kevin’s point of view. I will notify you otherwise.

8.9.29

   “When a star dies, what happens?” Mr. Greensburg was saying. “Joey! Enlighten us, please.” Mr. G would do that to people, just yell out their name. He made sure everyone participated. I looked out the window. It was fifth period, fifteen minutes until I was out of class and at the observatory, helping my mom, Clea Converse with sun diagnostics.

   “It explodes…with a lot of light and plasma ejecting everywhere.” Joey said. “Nope!” Mr. G said, smiling. I always thought of him as a mad scientist. Looking for answers, always making things seem…so easy. “Kevro! You must know, Miss Galaxy.” He always called me those two. “The star explodes into a supernova, then into maybe a-“ 

    beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!

     The beep wasn’t that long, but that was how I always imagined it. “Mr. Greensburg?” the desk clerk said. “Yes ma’am.” Mr. G replied. “Kevin Converse is requested to the office, is she there?” “Yes she is, I’ll send her right away.”

     “Kevin, you are requested in the office. You may go.” Mr. G said. I smiled and walked out the door. I wondered what might be awaiting me. Maybe my mom booked me a dentist appointment. We all know how much fun that’d be!

       As much fun as that’d be, I walked into my office to find my worried parents and a man… A man covered in eyes that blinked, and looked all around.

     My father saw me first. “Kevin, we have to go, sweetheart.” He came up to me and hugged me, then kissed me on the forehead. “What’s going on?” I asked. “There’s no time to explain right now, love. You’re powerful, alright? You’re brave and amazing, and beautiful and wonderful. Kevin, your father and I couldn’t be more proud of you. We love you so much.” My mom said, tearing up and crying. She wiped the tears away fast, and hugged me and kissed me, too. “You need to go with Argus. He’s going to take you to Camp Half-Blood, okay? There, I want you to make friends, and have a good time. I want you to find Chiron, and give him this.” My father handed me an envelope, plain white and sealed with golden wax.