005

8.9.29

    “My name’s Kevin…” I said slowly. The man chuckled. “Yeah, I know that. But you see, Kev, I called you by who you really are.” He ushered me to follow him into the house. The group followed. “I’m Dionysus, by the way. God of wine and all that.” He led me into a room with a ping pong table and chairs which he sat me down in one and sat at the head of the “table”. Then everyone else sat down, and it was dead silent. He just squinted at me. “You look nothing like your parents.” He said. “I mean, both of ‘em have dark hair and light eyes, and you’re the exact opposite, dear.”

     Me, not knowing how to react, just kind of sat for a minute. He was right, but how did he know my folks? Finally, Rachel said, “Shall I get the book, sir?”

     “Yup.” Dionysus replied.

   Rachel fled from the room, and I heard her footsteps go up some stairs. “Can we start explaining?” a boy asked. “Yup.” Dionysus repeated. “Okay, hi Kevin. I’m Percy Jackson and this is Annabeth Chase. I’m guessing you have some sort of idea of the Greek mythologies, as well as others?” I nodded, staring at the green-eyed teen. “Well, I’m the son of Poseidon, and Annabeth is the daughter of Athena. At Camp Half-Blood, we’re either demigods or spirits or nymphs or satyrs.” He paused, and sighed. “I’m just going to tell it to you straight- Greek gods are real. Roman gods are real. Egyptian gods are real. And well, Space gods are real.” I stared at my lap, soaking in all of this information.

    Then Rachel slammed a book down on the table in front of me. “Kevin Converse, this is your book. Let’s do the honors. Stand.” Rachel practically pulled me out of my chair. She placed the book in my hand- an old looking black leather book, with symbols, perhaps letters on the front and spine. On the cover it read: Quintlux, the word Dionysus had used to describe me. On the spine it read: Unite. Wait how did I… did I just read that? What the cheese in sky face what?

     “Gods Almighty. Book, desmós. Pentaplópro̱tókollo lux.” Rachel chanted, waving her hand over the cover. “Kevin, bond. Quintlux protocol.” She said then to me, waving her hand in front of my face. “Yeah, I'm in a coma.” I muttered.

      Suddenly, the symbols on the book glowed blue. The book opened up, flipping the pages like crazy. And I absorbed the information on those pages like a sponge. I didn’t know how it was possible. I saw galaxies; I saw gods and goddesses, all at a huge banquet. I saw little me, all wrapped up, but I was being held by someone else. A beautiful woman, with elegant dark hair and galaxies for irises. I saw other bases, other camps. I saw so much, and I was being fed so much information: new languages, new words of power. A whole new list of gods, a history of planets and mortals, too much at once.

     The world I knew was far off and distant. I was in a new realm. I was unconscious, I suddenly realized. Someone was shaking my shoulder. Someone kept repeating “They’re going to kill us.” Over and over. I took in a shaky breath and opened my eyes to find everyone standing over me, except they were all blue. I sat up and realized I was in a blue bubble. Rachel’s hand could reach through though, and she still had her hand on my shoulder.

     “Katárref̱si̱.” I said on instinct, and the bubble popped. I rested my head in my hands between my knees and groaned, “What is my life?”

  10.4.20

   More explanation in the next chapter, but for now guys, its sooper late and my neck wants to kill me. More chaptar tomorrow, and please leave a vote or comment so I know I'm not alone in this Universe.

        Night guys! :)  ~Melos