5.

When the smoke disappears, there's no sign of Mike. He has disappeared, vanished into thin air. Oh my God, this is a disaster! It's a catastrophe!

-Mr. Wonka!- I run desperately towards him, grabbing him by the lapel of his suit -What happened to my brother?! Do something!

He becomes instantly red and starts stuttering:- D-don't w-worry M-Miss Teavee, I will f-fix everything. Gentlemen, please stay back, away from the step!

I'm terrified. He may be bossy, unlikable, but it's still my brother. My mother left him with me, and I couldn't even let him visit a factory! I feel I'm starting to cry: a tear rolls down my eye.

-Miss Teavee, it's all right. Really. Calm down.- Willy gently puts his hand on my wet cheek:- (Y/N)... Please...

It's the first time he's calling me by my name.

I raise my head, looking at him: his light blue eyes stare at me deeply. He gives me a hint of a smile, and the feel of his hand instantly calms me down.

From his suit pocket, he pulls out the handkerchief, giving it to me:-There you are. If you need it...- It's light green, with black polka dots. I smell it: it has a mint scent.

-I could never ruin a handkerchief as beautiful as this one, Mr. Wonka.- I say smiling. I'm giving it back to him, but he holds tighter his hands around mines, to let me keep it. He's such a kind man.

As if he was coming out from a trance state, Wonka quickly looks away from me and points the remote towards the TV:-Very well, let's go and see what happened to Mike! Channel 209!

Static. Nothing.

-...Channel 209!- insists Wonka.

Snow effect.

-Interesting...- he exclaims with a little squeak.

-Now what?

-I think this TV is too small...I need more screens!

Willy blows the whistle again to call the Oompa-Loompas. Punctual and quick, a group of that strange little men arrives in a single file, everyone with a television on their shoulders. Connecting one screen to the other, the image of Mike slowly appears.

-There he is!- screams Charlie.

-Come here, miss!- Wonka is sitting cross-legged in front of the screens, signaling me to sit next to him. I go next to him: now what?

Mike looks around: he's in a white, completely empty room. I mean, that's what it seems...

-What are we going to do now?- I ask in whispers to Willy.

-I'll try to let him out...- Wonka starts pushing buttons on the remote: suddenly, a big tidal wave appears, hitting Mike full and dragging him into another screen. Now I see him flying towards some pipes as if he is in a computer game. New screen: Mike is jumping over some cars roofs.

-I've never seen him so happy...

-That's the problem, Miss Teavee: we have to scare him to let him out!

The Oompa-Loompas arrange the screens as if they were rungs of a ladder, making Mike fall down. Keeping on moving the screen, Mike bangs, falls, hits the walls.

-Mr. Wonka, but he will get hurt!

-Of course, Charlie, and this is exactly what we want!

I don't object: apparently, this is the only way to get him out of that damn televisions. To be honest, seeing Mike roughed like that amuses me. And I think it's working: Mike is not happy anymore, now he has the typical face of when he doesn't get what he wants, the face that terrifies my mom...