32

So I just published a new book, Humans, Demons and Dragons, Oh My! And I'd really appreciate if you all went and read it! I'm super, super excited about it and I'd love for some of you to read it!

This book has a few chapters left that I'll get out when I can. My 2018 has just been going straight downhill. I just broke a finger on my dominant hand so typing is quite difficult. And I have exams this week and next week. I'm super anxious and stressed so I hope you understand if I don't write too much!

I hope you all enjoy how this story is going!

-

Ariel's POV

"Welcome home!" Parker's happy voice sing songs as I walk through the door. 

The hospital kept me for a little while, and it was a relief when they finally said I could go home. Raphael had been out for a few days before he had come to visit, and he's slowly recovering. Every day looking slightly better than the last.

We were supporting each other's recoveries... though, mine almost done and his still had lots to go. Raphael lost so much weight, and all his pride. He lost so much both physically and mentally. And I am doing my very best to fix it.

I caught Raphael up on everything that had happened, he gave me constant loving, we saw that the pack was okay... we acted like mates. And it was beautiful.

But both of us, everyday, felt each other's fear. Because we still knew that alpha was out there. And we've experienced first hand what he had done.

I look at the island as I walk into the kitchen and I think my eyes bulge as I see the amount of presents and desserts.

"Blaire kind of told the pack about how much you enjoy cake..."  Justin smirks.

"And all the other desserts you enjoy." Parker adds with a smile.

"Oh my gosh... I'm eating cake for dinner!" I giggle as I go look through everything to find something yummy.

I think the goal now is to forget about the alpha and pray he doesn't make a return. And enjoy the cake and the gifts and the company of my friends and my mate.

I find tears starting to spill down my cheeks and I quickly try wiping them away.

"Ariel?" Parker exclaims.

"It's... it's nothing." I say, wiping away the tears, Raphael comes over and places a hand on the small of my back.

"I feel it too." He whispers to me and I smile a little up at him.

"Can we have the house to ourselves?" I ask the boys.

"Of course," Justin nods while Parker wiggles his brows.

"I know you wanna do the dirty!" He says as Justin starts pulling him out. "You get real nasty tonight, you's deserve it!"

Raphie and I laugh as they leave and I shake my head a little. "I love them."

"Me too. And I'll never be able to repay them for how they've taken care of you." Raphael sighs.

"Shh... I wouldn't mind doing a little dirty." I smirk up at him and we head up to share the big bed I had spent too many nights in alone.

***

"What do you mean?" I whisper, squeezing Raphael's hand so hard I think I break it.

"You're unable to have children Ariel." The pack doctor says ever so gently. "The silver... when it poisoned you... it damaged lots of organs. Your body cannot produce eggs. You can't have children Ariel, I'm so sorry."