Chapter 3 - Augtier

The first thing Yuno Augtier did when she set foot on British soil was slaughter someone. She would have preferred to arrive without incident, to have stepped off the boat and disappeared into the city, but her hand had been forced. She had been recognised.

The sorcerer had seen her, picked her out in the crowd as she disembarked. Augtier led the sorcerer to somewhere quiet, out of the way and out of view. It was a very easy kill. She had taken the sorcerer by surprise. A brief struggle and Augtier's arm had wrapped around the man's throat. She hadn't even needed to use her magic.

Once she had disposed of the carcass, Augtier walked deeper into London City, relishing in the freedom that was hers again after such a long time.

She was tall and her hair was short. Her clothes were dark, the jacket buttons polished to a gleam, and her boots clacked on the streetlit pavements. London had changed drastically since she'd been here last. The world had changed dramatically.

She heard the quiet footsteps behind her. She stopped but she didn't turn.
The man in black had to walk around her, into her line of sight.

"Augtier," the man said in greeting.

"You're late."

"I'm here, which is the main thing."

Augtier looked into the man's eyes. "I do not tolerate insubordination, Mr King. Perhaps you have forgotten."

"Times have changed," King responded evenly. "The war is over."

"Not for us."

A taxi passed, and the sweeping headlights illuminated King's pale face and black hair. "Cayde isn't with you," he noted.

Augtier resumed walking, King by her side. "He will join us soon, have no fear old friend."

"Are you sure that you can trust him? I do appreciate that he freed you from prison, however it took him eighty years to do so."

Were King any other man, this remark would have been the height of hypocrisy, as he himself had not lifted one single finger to help Augtier either. But King was not any other man. King was a scarcely man, and as such, loyalty was not in his nature. A certain level of obedience perhaps, but not loyalty. Because of this, Augtier harboured no resentment towards him. The resentment harboured towards Cayde however...

Kings breathing suddenly became strained. He reached into his coat and fumbled with a syringe, then jabbed the needle into his forearm. He depressed the plunger, forcing the colourless liquid substance into his bloodstream, and moments later he was breathing regularly again.

"I'm glad to see that you're still in control." Augtier said.

King put the syringe away. "I wouldn't be much good to you if I wasn't, would I now? What do you need me to do?"

"There will be some obstacles to our work, some enemies we will without a doubt face. The vampire detective for a example. Apparently he has an apprentice now - a blonde young girl. You will wait for them outside the sanctuary, tonight, and you will follow them, and when she is alone, you will fetch her for me."

"Of course."

"Alive, King, not dead."

There was a moment of hesitation. "Of course," King repeated.