Chapter 13 // Dinner

FP's POV

I walk into the trailer taking my hat off ready to call it a day with the rest of the crew.

I see my son sitting on my desk with Archie standing next to him "Jughead?"

"Hey dad" he stands up

"Hi Mr Jones." Archie smiles at me and I return the favor.

"Hey Archie, What are you two doing here?" I smile stand in front of him.

"To see if you wanted to get some shakes at Pops with us?"

I look at the time "Yeah sure"

"Got some place to be? Hot date?" I laugh at my sons comment and pat his back

"Get in the truck!" I push him ahead of me slightly.

I get in the drivers side as Jughead squeezes next to me allowing Archie the window seat.

We get out and head into the diner. I sit down across from the two boys. And we order shakes.

"So.. dad?"

"Mhm?" I lift my eyes up from the table to look at Jughead. "What's up?"

"How are you and that girl you won't let me meet?"

"Jug..." I look at him with a tired expression.

"Dad..." he mocks me

"It's complicated" I let a deep breath out looking back and forth between my son and his friend.

"How? You guys have been seeing each other for a few weeks right? What is she married?"

I don't respond to his questioning

"She's married isn't she? Dad! Come on!" Jug raises his voice

"No she's not married, doesn't have kids, it's just... complicated."

"Do you like her?"

"Boy! If you don't drop this!" I point my finger at him being stern.

"Okay fine.."

We sit in silence until finally our shakes come.

After Pops I drive towards Archie's house

"Do you have a napkin Mr. Jones?"

"Ahh yeah I should check the glovebox" I keep my eyes. On the road.

Jughead's POV

I look over at Archie and watch as he opens the glovebox and we lay our eyes on a red lacy thong. We look at each other not saying a word and he grab a napkin then closes it.

FP's POV

When we reach Archies home, Jug gets out with him.

"You coming home tonight?" I lean over to catch my sons eye after he shuts the door.

"No, school starts back up tomorrow so I think I'm going to crash here since it's closer."

"Okay, be safe. See you tomorrow?"

"Yeah, night dad." I watch as they walk inside and I see Alice Cooper coming out of her house and just laugh to my self and before she can say anything I wave my hand at her.

"I'm going Alice, I'm going." She immediately closes her mouth and crossed her arms watching me leave.

Emily's POV

I reach FP's trailer before FP and just laugh to myself going inside. I grab two plates and some silverware putting it on the table for when he gets here. I lay on the couch and wait.