Chapter Six

"Excuse me?"

He stared at me, before tapping my forehead softly with the knife. "Ok I may have gone a bit far, I won't lay a hand on you but, you're becoming my accomplice."

"And why are you suddenly being so nice to me? You could literally just kill me and it'd all be over with."

He raised his eyebrows and smiled sadly before throwing his knife down. His gaze pierced me, I was sitting in front of a murderer and yet.. I couldn't help but feel calm.

"Because you and I are alike."

Could murderers be so cliché? I stared at him, saying nothing. He ruffles his hair out of his eyes before smiling once more.

"I didn't ask to become a killer."

He seemed kind in that moment. Maybe my mind was still just a blur from last night's events. Before I could collect my thoughts, he pushed me back on the bed firmly, "first, let's do something about your outfit. Covering you with my shirt wont work forever."

That would mean returning home to where my brother waited, wouldn't it? I trembled at the close memory.

No, I'd be living with a rapist no matter which roof I decide to stay under. I'd rather choose to stay where I could still feel a small sense of peace. Burying my face in the pillow I softly murmured, "can I stay with you?"

I didn't know what to expect but the weight of him laying down beside me was enough of an answer.

"Why would you trust a killer?"

"I don't know."

I looked at him, he stared back. It was silent before he spoke up once more. His voice was deeper this time, serious with a sadder tone.

"30 bodies, that's all it'll take. I'll be out of this hell."

My curiosity begged to question him, but I knew better not to. I watched as he got up and picked up the knife once more, tucking it away into his back pocket.

"Shall we get going?"