Chapter 2 - Art Museum

It was friday, which meant I had to accompany Danielle to the art museum.

I was sprawled on the couch, one leg on the floor and the other on top of the pillows. I was watching Sponge Bob because I always watch it when I'm bored or waiting for something.

"Brook, put your foot on the carpet and not on the pillows!" My mother scolded from the kitchen.

I sighed, "Whatever."

"It's always a "whatever", never a "okay, mom". I'm starting to think I should have put you in the adoption center." She muttered.

I bit my lip, trying not to be mad, confused or sad. She does this all the time, it's never anything different. There has never been a "I love you, sweetie" or "Be safe, honey".

I got up from the couch since its almost four o'clock, not forgetting to turn off the TV.

I walked up the huge stairs and make my way towards my room in the hallway.

I opened the door, closed it when I got inside and looked for something to wear.

After a while of debating, I went with the denim blue washed skinny ripped jeans, a black shirt, a blue and black checkered unbuttoned sleeveless sweater that reached my waist, and some normal black converse.

I changed into the outfit and texted Danielle.

Me: hey, you ready?

A second later she texted back, Dani: yesssss, meet me there!

I turned off my phone and made my way out of the house with my house keys and my phone.

After a very long walk I finally made it to the museum. Right now I was waiting for Danielle at the front of the museum, leaning against a lamppost.

I couple minutes later I saw her looking around, she was facing away from me so I decided it'd be fun to scare her.

I sneakily walked over to her, and made sure not to make a sound.

When I was behind her, I yelled out a "BOO!" and she shrieked, heads turned around to see where the scream came from.

I laughed while she kept punching me on the chest and yelling profanities at me.

"You fucking scared me! You little bitch!" She yelled at me.

Other people were either shaking their heads and moving on, while others just smiled for some reason.

My laugh died down and I grabbed her by the shoulders in arms length.

"Let's go see your art," I said, she crossed her arms and went into the museum.

I shook my head and followed her.

When we walked in and started looking at the art of others, I was astonished. It was so beautiful and I almost died of amazement. There were some that were fruits in bowls, well painted people doing normal things. And then there were some paintings where the artist went all out and used a bunch of colors, or a very detailed person looking out the window, some were sketches as well.

When we found Danielle's art, my heart stopped.

She painted...me?

"Um, Danielle, why is there a painting of me?" I asked, uneasy.

"Because you're beautiful to draw, and this isn't the only one I've drawn of you." She answers, smiling.

I smiled back and ruffled her hair, "I love you Dani."