Chapter 4

The first thing I remember waking up, I wasn't opening my eyes. It was deadly quite in my house. As I wanted to stretch a bit, the thing that I could grab in my hand was a pillow. I was struggling not to open my eyes, but then , I just couldn’t bare it anymore, and I found myself lying in bed, in an empty bed. I noticed I wasn't actually wearing pants, and I was in my pyjama. That was weird I clearly didn't remember changing my clothes. And than I just dug my head in a pillow and sighed out loud: "of course… " I looked around the room, there was no sign, no evidence of him being here, nothing, not a shirt, not a shoe, well he wouldn’t have left without his shoes of course. That was the thing I expected. That was the last thing I thought before I fall a sleep. I would never see him again. And it will go on as if nothing happened. But really? Could it?

I got up and grabbed my robe, it was cool in the apartment. I wonder why? May be I left the window open. I walked though the corridor and entered the living room.

The only evidence I found of proving that alien was in my house, were two glasses standing on the coffee table our dirty plates, that I obviously ignored to wash. And a paper lying there on the table. I didn't want to take anything away, even if the leftovers of pasta will stink, I would keep it as a reminder of a wonderful night I've spent with an alien from outer space. I got close to the table, and saw a strange handwriting on the paper folded in two… it said: "for you…" I just sat on a couch. Didn't touch the paper, well now I knew it was a letter, and that an alien can actually write and read. And has a beautiful handwriting too… I was looking at the paper shocked.  "for me? For me? Leaving me, well undressing me first and putting me to bed and than leaving and putting a note on the table? Oh , how sweet? How… " I felt used, like slut, that he just hired for a night, but for no reason didn't sleep with her and just left… but he didn't give  money. Ok, whatever… I just felt bad. Is that too, childish, no… it's not. I was just left in my room with a note, probably saying:" I enjoyed time with you, but we will never see each other again, because I have a family, and I don't want all these to interfere with my private life, all this was just a joke and sorry… " it is even worse than being dumped. To be dumped you need to be in a relationship. And that… that thing that happened is nothing…

I was torturing myself with all that crazy thoughts. Of course, I know there was no chance to see him again, unless he wanted to. What was the chance of bumping into him somewhere in the street? 0,00001… even less. Ok… whatever… and then I heard my voice: "will you read it for the gods sake…? " I was confused and just replied out loud: "OK.. OK…"

I went to the kitchen, poured the coffee, and grabbed my cigarettes. Went back to living room, still walking around like a zombie. I sat back on the couch… I took the note… opened it…

And there it was:

"Good morning!

You were deep a sleep, didn’t wake you up… had to leave, urgent call.

I know you will think a lot of stupid things, and you still are, but…

I'll see you soon…

BTW, your tattoo's rad. Loved it…

J.C"

I leaned back on the couch and but the note a side, sipped a coffee and lighted up my last cigarette. Then… I just smiled.  So this isn't it… but "I miss you… "

Days went by… I haven't heard from him at all. My man got back from his journey. I was working everyday without offs as there was a big event held at my gallery. I was very nervous… this was a big deal for me. And I was happy "G" was there for me. I moved on. I had too much stuff to do.. And after 2 weeks, l lost all hope of hearing from him again. But I was cool. I never told anything to "G", I didn't want to disappoint him and to get nervous, especially now, as I had tons of things to do. I wanted to manage somehow without any problems with him or anyone else.