Chapter 22 ~ Meetings and Feelings

"Okay, so Voldemort has a daughter," Hermione stated as we all stood around in Hermione's office. "And now she wants to fulfill this prophecy that brings him back."

"Merlin, we don't need that again," Ron muttered.

"Now she has Albus, Scorpius, and the Time-Turner," I added. "They could be anywhere right now."

"That's what worries all of us the most," Harry said. "Especially me." He stood up from his seat and left the room. Concerned, I followed him out and placed my hand on his shoulder. "I should've been a better father to him. I pushed him away because he pushed me away. Now he's missing and for all we know he..." He stopped, turning around to face me, fighting back tears.

"No, he's not dead, Harry," I assured him. "Albus and Scorpius are still out there. They're smart boys."

He nodded his head. "You're right."

"And you're not the only one who feels guilty," I said. "I wasn't there for Scorpius, either. I was too focused on trying to be a good wife to Draco that I wasn't being a good mother to Scorpius."

Harry huffed a sigh. "Well, it sounds like you failed at both of those roles."

I chuckled a little. "Yeah, really. Come on, let's get back in there."

And so we went back inside the office together, going back to where we were standing at. He went to stand beside Ginny and I stood beside Draco once more.

"Are you okay?" he whispered.

I nodded my head. "Yeah, I'm fine."

Hermione exhaled loudly and announced, "I think we should have another meeting."

"Like, a big meeting?" I asked.

She nodded her head. "Yes. We can't save the Wizarding world on our own."

"We did it once!" I pointed out. "I don't know about you, but I think we did a pretty good job the first time."

"Max, we had help," Harry said. "And we'll need help again this time. I think it's a good idea to have a meeting."

I rolled my eyes. "Okay, fine, let's have one tomorrow, then."

"Perfect," Ginny said. "Then we'll figure something out during the meeting."

We all bid each other goodnight and left Hermione's office. I walked slowly down the hall, trying to process everything that happened today. I was exhausted by all of it and I knew that I wasn't the only one.

"Max!" Draco called out, making me turn around. "Are you really okay?"

"What?"

"I want you to honestly tell me that you're okay."

"Draco, I'm fine, really."

He raised his eyebrows at me. "No, you're not."

I sighed in defeat, throwing my arms in the air. "Okay, no, I'm not. I'm feeling the same way I did when I was looking for Horcruxes." I let out a nervous laugh. "I'm feeling everything."

He gave me a sympathetic look, a look I had hardly seen from him lately. "You can always come back home, you know."

"Are you implying that you want me to come home with you right now?"

"Maybe." He paused, taking a deep breath. "I'll admit, with everything that's going on, I really don't want to be alone tonight. I know that we're not on good terms at the moment and we have a lot to talk about--"

"Okay," I cut him off. "I'll stay with you."

"Really?" He was surprised by this.

"Yeah. I mean, I don't want to be alone, either, and this could be good for us. You know, taking baby steps and all."