5. just so you know | jirose

rated f, for fluff. prompts based off a lovely tumblr post about jimin's tweets

i. night

Friday usually finds Chaeyoung nestled in the comfort of Jimin's couch until evening, game console in hand as he destroys her in the many rounds of Mario kart, when she has nothing to do and nowhere to go after school ends.

They're halfway through the third lap of the second race this afternoon when she feels him poke at her with his feet hanging off the couch.

"Hey."

"What." She mumbles back, distracted.

There's a short pause and the room is silent except for the racing of the cars on the television screen.

"Um, do you wanna go to the beach tomorrow?"

Chaeyoung pauses her game immediately. "What?"

Jimin looks like he wants to swallow back his question for a moment, but he puts down his console instead and, "I mean, just to hang out, you know? Since you haven't been to Haeundae and-"

"Okay," she replies, almost too casually before adding, "Is this a date?"

Jimin sweeps his console off the couch so fast Chaeyoung wouldn't have noticed if not for the loud thud against the floor.

"It's not a date!" he flushes, cheeks flaming an adorable shade of red she almost laughs.

"Right," she resumes her game, smiling to herself. "Whatever you say."

Jimin makes a frustrated noise and she thinks she hears a soft whine of it's not a date repeated again before he face plants into the pillow and stays like that for the rest of the afternoon.

Friday, finds Chaeyoung winning Jimin in Mario kart for the first time, patting his back comfortingly as she leaves his house with a smile that doesn't wipe off from her face till Jeongguk points it out at home later, and she waves him off with cheeks redder than Jimin's blush earlier that afternoon.

Jimin comes to pick her up the next day in berms and a sleeveless tank and Chaeyoung has to pinch herself so hard on the inside to prevent from flushing, because Saturday rarely finds her in denim shorts, flip flops and a helmet clasped above her head, clutching tighter than she should around his waist while riding behind him on his bike.

Haeundae is exactly like how Jimin described- the bridge, so wide it almost stretches across the entire sea, the sand and the amount of couples present that make your little "meeting" seem a little more awkward than usual and a little more like a date that she might have replayed in her head a lot more than she should have at night, right before she falls asleep.

("We're just friends," she remembers telling a disbelieving Jeongguk, who looked as though he was planning to interrogate her until she confesses.

"Just friends? You should have seen the way you looked at him yesterday, you looked like you worshipped the man."

Chaeyoung smacks him so hard on the arm it leaves her palm tingling a bit.

"Shut up, you're hanging around Taehyung too much, he's rubbing off you."

At this, Jeongguk blushes the pinkest shade of embarrassment she's only ever seen once, when he'd first met g-dragon at a fan signing in Busan.

"Am not!")

It's about thirty minutes after the sunset that she makes to get up, brushing the sand off her shorts when Jimin reaches out to tug on her hand.

"Where're you going?"