Chapter 6 The First Night

Izna's POV:

The car soon stopped in front of an apartment which was beautiful I must say. He asked me to wait at the entrance and he'll go park the car and come back. Within a few mins he was back with his bags and said time to get home now. We took the stairs and ours was the 3rd last apt of the corridor. He opened up and gave me a little push to go first and said welcome home. With that said out of nowhere rose petals were showered on me and I couldn't believe he would do all this, for a forced marriage. I just thanked him and said welcome home too. He just smiled and showed me around. He was constantly telling me I knows its small but we'll get a bigger one soon inshallah. I just said what small, it's just the two of us anyway, this is perfect. He mentioned that some stuffs are already there and I could change the set up however I want and its up to me to decorate the house as per my liking. He said I'll just grab your suitcase from the car, you can freshen up and then we'll go out for dinner. I said it's okay I can cook something we don't need to go out. He said no way you're cooking on your first day and yes please go to our room, there's something for you, I hope you'll like it and with that said he left.

I looked around and thought good choice of apt. It had a master bedroom, one small study, one guest room and dining area next to the kitchen and the cosy set up for chilling where the TV space was. I headed to our room to find a small bag and a card next to it which said I hope you like it, I figured out you'd want to do this yourself that's why I didn't bring it earlier. When I opened the little box, there was a beautiful engagement ring which could also double up as a wedding band too. It was simple yet delicate, exactly how I liked. I put it on and icing on the cake it fits perfectly, I could only be amazed how he knew my exact choice and perfect size. He indeed observed me a lot. I snapped back when I heard clearing of throat. He looked at me and then at my hand and I realised, I didn't say anything. I said thank you and good choice. He said I'm glad you liked it, it took me few hours to select this. He put on my suitcase on bed and said you can freshen up and get ready.

I was ready while he was in the shower and when he came out to dress up, he was only in his towel wrapped around his lower. I went what the hell? and quickly turned around. I guess he realised and said sorry, it's a habit, I forgot that I'm not alone here. I said get dressed, I'm waiting in the lounge area. Soon he came and we left. On the way, I was again lost when he held my left hand which was around my right shoulder and it startled me and he said I loved this ring but now it looks even more beautiful on you. I just hhhm and took my hand away. I realised we were in front of my fav indian restaurant which was his fav too. We just ordered and had dinner in silence, I mean he did try to talk but either I was too lost to reply or just hhmm so he gave up after a while. We left and soon were back home. Once we got in, he said please sit down, we need to talk and that tone, was indeed an authoritative one. I just sat down and thought talk to me like that again and I'll rip your head off. You think now that you're my husband, it allows you to talk to me, your baby boo like that? Just wait for it man!

He said look, I know this is not the perfect wedding you wanted or perfect anything, it's very far from that, but atleast I'm trying to make things normal. Why are you making this so difficult? I have tried so many things, talk to you but you just zone out and act as if you're not interested at all... All this is new for me too, but I'm trying right Izna? Okay readers let me just tell you we both take each other's full name when we're angry at each other. So I got the hint and to be honest, indeed he was trying but it's just happening way too quick. I'm still figuring out a lot of things in my head and I was going to tell him, but what he said next made me lose my temper. He said in case you forgot, I told you we're not doing this, but you pleaded me and I couldn't say no and now you're acting as if I forced you into all this. If you knew you'd not be happy and always sulking, you should have never asked for this.

I just got up, my anger at its worse and said well first of all mister who the hell gave you the right to use this tone on me? and second why are you even trying? Did I ask you to? Stop wasting your time coz it's not changing anything anytime soon. Continue to live your life the way you did and please don't even try to talk to me or be all lovey dovey. You don't have that right yet and yes, try to keep your hands off me. For people's eyes we might be a couple, but right now we're no more than strangers who will have to cope and live with each other and avoid any unnecessary drama. 

He was very shocked and he said Oh wow! I can't believe you out of the people could say this. I guess I should have just walked away that day and it would have saved us all this trouble. Atleast I'd be at peace knowing I indeed lost my best friend but at least she's happy and not cursing me. Actually you're right, we are just two strangers now, coz I don't recognise this Izna anymore. This is not my best friend or baby boo, I lost her the day we got married. With that said, he just took the keys, locked the door and left.

I was in tears at this point and I know all that he said was right. Why was I behaving like this with him? Did he deserve this? I know I've hurt him a lot today and it will take time to mend this, but first I need to mend myself. Get a hold of my emotions and ask The Almighty for His help. I just changed and prayed esha and cried in duah and soon I fell asleep.

Arhan's POV:

When we got to the apt I was happy to see her smile when she saw these rose petals. She often said this was cliche whenever we watched this in a movie. But I knew deep down, one day she would like to be showered with love like this. I showed her around and when I kept telling her how small the place was, her answer melted my heart. I knew she was a simple girl with a simple lifestyle but still for me she'll always be my angel who always looks out for me no matter what. Before leaving to get her suitcase, I told her about the gift I had for her in our room and when I got back, I saw her in deep thoughts looking at the ring on her finger and smiling. I just cleared my throat to get her attention and damn that ring look perfect as if it was just made for her only. She thanked me and said it's perfect. I knew she'd be thinking how did I know her choice and get her size right. Well one day when we were shopping, she stopped at jewelry store window admiring a ring which was quite similar to this one. When I came to her and asked what is it that is gaining so much of your love and smile and she pointed towards the ring. I said but that's simple. I remember she said simple but elegant. I also casually asked her her ring size during that conversation which she joked about saying OMG you're such a sweetheart are you getting me this ring? and I replied in your dreams and she pouted like a baby and then said ofc you wouldn't stupid.

When I came out of the shower, I saw she was ready and soon said what the hell and quickly turned around. For a second I thought, is she crazy? But then I realized old habits die hard, I came out from the shower with just my towel around my lower. She left the room and I got ready and we headed out. I wanted to talk to her in the car, like atleast our old crazy selves but she would always be lost and when I looked at her hand with the ring shining, I couldn't stop myself from holding her hand and said that ring seem to be made just for her. My action startled her, although she didn't say anything, but she soon took her hand back. I thought of taking her to our fav indian restaurant as we both love this place. I thought this might help relive some good old memories but damn was I wrong... I was trying to make conversation but she was too lost to reply and sometimes would just hhmm. This really go me on my nerves and I was like what the hell is wrong with her? why is she behaving like this? I mean we both know this was a compromise but atleast we could still share our crazy friendship and not this nerve-wrecking silence. I thought it's high time we talk about this when we get back.

As soon as we got in, in an authoritative tone I asked her to sit down and we need to talk. I know she'd hate me for this, and probably smack me like old times, but even this couldn't bring the old Izna back. After telling her all I had to and to be honest, maybe I was a little too harsh with her but I thought she needs to realise it. But she lashed out at me and what she said broke my heart. I never thought my Izna, even though hurt, could say things like this. I guess indeed with this marriage, I lost my best friend forever. I was really hurt and in order not to lose my temper further, I just took my keys and thought I need some time to think. It was pretty late when I came back and I tried to be as quiet as possible and I saw her sleeping, but wait, she cried herself to sleep. Shit yeah Arhan, you messed up. You've hurt your baby boo. It was weird to be sleeping next to her like this, but soon sleep engulfed me.