3:09

09. Human Sacrifices

After the huge debacle with Boyd and Cora, and her new English teacher Ms

After the huge debacle with Boyd and Cora, and her new English teacher Ms. Blake, Carver ran back to her house to clean herself off. There was blood in her hair and dried blood down the length of her arm and her clothes were ripped from the night full of fights.

She caught her father after her shower when she was fully dressed and ready for another day of school. He was just about to leave.

"Hey!" She called, chasing him out the door. "Sorry I left so awkwardly last night. I had to help Derek with something."

He squinted at the name. "Derek." Tim repeated. Her dad had some thing about Derek, where he trusted him but not completely. It's a part of the werewolf and hunter thing. Almost like Chris with Scott. They'd met once over the summer, in order to hide her secret, and to try and be slightly honest about where she was so often.

"Are you okay?" Carver held out her arms and spun in a circle. "You look sick."

He was always able to read her. He always knew when something was wrong. She loved him so much for that. Because he was so understanding and careful. Alice and Tim were a match made in hell, Carver thought.

"Yeah. Something bad happened. They went to find Erica and Boyd. Boyd was the only we could save, and Derek's long lost sister. And Stiles called earlier. His friend Heather, the girl that went missing, was found dead. A lot happened last night, more than you know."

There wasn't just loss. Carver had told up to three people about being werewolf. That was three more than she wished to tell.

Not that Tim knew.

"You did your homework, though?"

"Totally..."

———

Stiles was crushed. Not that he let it show, but Carver could smell it on him. Heather wasn't just dead. She was choked, hit in the head, with her throat slit. Just thinking about it, made Carver feel worse. She suffered, horribly, and she couldn't get that out of her head.

She felt the woman's blood on her own hands once again. Fingers turned red, in flashes. But this wasn't about Carver... this was about the two other people who were found dead, just like Heather.

According to Stiles, they were all virgins. Heather was a virgin, the guy had a ring that was engraved with the word purity, and the young woman from last night lost her girlfriend in the woods right before she was to experience her first time.