Chapter 3

Guyys, what kind of power do you think she should have? I just don't knowwww, I would love your input

Also, yay~ I finally updated, soooo sorry for the wait.

Also, also, idk how any of you got through the first book, i just fixed some grammar and stuff in there, but god it was terrible.

~~~

"Seattle is in a state of terror. Police are baffled by the escalating murders and disappearances, theories range from a vicious new gang to a wildly active serial killer-"

"It's getting worse" Carlisle said as he turned the t.v. off, "we're going to have to do something."

"It takes more than one of our kind to do the damage that they're reporting." Jasper said "quite a few more. And they're undisciplined, conspicuous."

"Newborns." Edward realized. My grip around Jaspers shoulders tightened as I hugged him from behind. Bella looked confused.

"What, like new vampires?" She asked.

"The first few months after the change." Edward replied.

"That's when we're at our most uncontrollable, vicious. Insane with thirst." Jasper added.

"Something to look forward too." Emmett said with a smirk.

"But, Lily wasn't like that" Bella said, I buried my face in Jaspers hair, inhaling his scent. I thank whatever deity is out there that I was not like that.

"Yes, you're sister was... an anomaly" Carlisle explained with a small smile, "we're not sure why but Jasper and Alice's scents were able to keep her more under control." Bella nodded absently.

"No one's trained these newborns, but this isn't random." Jasper said to Carlisle.

"Someone's creating an army," Carlisle said. I jerked in surprise. An army? For what?

"Well now we're definitely going to seattle." Emmett declared hopping up from his seat.

"An army of vampires?" Bella asked, I could hear the fear in her voice.

"And they've been created to fight someone." Jasper replied.

"We're the only clan even close to Seattle." said Edward.

"Regardless as to why they were made, if we don't put a stop to them, the Volturi will." Carlisle said. There was a moment of silence.

"Maybe they're behind it" Edward continued, "In Italy, I read Aro's mind, he wants me and Alice to join him, he thinks our gifts would add to his power." I tightened my arms more at the thought of losing Alice. I felt Jasper bring his hand up and squeeze my arm, partly to comfort and partly to say my grip is too tight. Damn vampire strength. I murmured an apology while Edward kept talking.

"But he knows we'll never choose him as long as our family's still alive."

"An army could solve that for him" Jasper said, I could practically feel the anger on him. Still, I've been reading through the Volturi's history, at least as much as I could find, and that still didn't seem their style. I mean, yeah they were ruthless but they also upheld the laws of the vampire world and tended to be more subtle and precise than a newborn army. However, it's unlikely that they don't know about it by now. I kept these thoughts to myself, well as much to myself as you could with a mind reader in the room, and avoided looking at Edward.

"Edward, I don't think we should wait until graduation, I think you should change me now" Bella said hurriedly.

"Bella, no."