Prince of Shadows

<<<So I'm DEFINITELY using this in the book I will be writing and publishing, so no stealing, please. Feedback greatly appreciated>>>

He sat up abruptly, his body thrumming with the thrill of being on this earth for the first time in thousands of years. Another thrill went through him as he saw the giant wave of darkness consuming the rest of the earth, letting them know he was finally--finally here. His dark eyes immediately sifted through his surroundings, his ancient eyes taking in detail after detail. He was laying in dead dirt. The sun was almost about to die and the moon live. Nothing around him was living.

Except for a female with golden hair grinning from ear to ear. And she was covered in blood-markings.

His eyes saw the mortal and immortal bones, crumbling ancient book, henimalik fruit, and the Jebokoe branch on the ground, the girl's fingers dripping blood into a blood-filled bowl. Then he knew--he knew what this ignorant girl had done, what she had summoned.

And then he smiled. And the air went cold. His pale mouth opened and foreign words of the screams of lost souls and frantic whispers emanated out, sending shivers down the girl's back.

"What a thing you have done, little girl." The wind seemed to shy away from him.

He stood, his bare body free to the elements that didn't dare to touch him. The girl's smile faltered.

He quirked a dark eyebrow, "wasn't expecting me to be so strong after not having a body for eons?"

The only response was the widening of the eyes. He chuckled and picked at his nail beds, "really, love, you should give more credit to a being older than the Gods."

He looked down at himself, midnight hair falling on his face. He chuckled at how his hair matched his soul. "I must admit, I have missed walking around in a handsome, strong body."

He never stopped grinning as he stepped towards the petrified girl. She only whimpered when he ran a pale finger along her cheek. He leaned in close and whispered, "you'll be delightful, love. The perfect snack."

His enhanced perfectly pointed ears picked up the sound of the girl reaching for something--something that--

He caught her wrist. "Naughty naughty." His eyes flashed with malice and he licked his lips at the prospect of taking her life.

"Naughty girls must be punished."

Her mouth parted to release a pained gasp. He let go of her hands so she could clutch at her chest.

"P-p-please--"

He laughed, "I'm sorry, love, what was that? You're going to have to speak up."

He laughed again as he held her heart with his mind, making her weak mortal heart pump thick blood much faster than it could handle. He smiled wider when she writhed in his arms, her screaming music to his ears as her heart was slowly being ripped apart in her chest. He breathed in her life as it poured out of her. Took pleasure in her intolerable pain.

His shoulders sagged in the relief of having stolen a life. Strength coated his bones, his deep lovely shadows. He dropped the girl, letting her carcass crumple to the ground to rot away.

He walked to the nearest village--to where he sensed the energy of life. He needed to feast--and feast soon. After all, if he was going to litter the world with his carnage he would need more strength, more life energy.

Talking to no one in particular, he smiled and said, "greetings world, your Prince of Shadows is here."

And the world shuddered at the words.

<<<rereading this makes me shudder *shudders*>>>