Chapter 6

Carl's Point of View

"W-will you be my prom date?"

Anisa's smile faded and walked away a little.

"Anisa?"

"C-Carl I-I'm sorry but Tyron already asked me." Anisa said and blushed.

"B-but Anisa...?" Anisa gulped and shook her head.

"He already asked me I'm so sorry Carl. I have to go now..." Anisa said and walked away.

Luke saw everything! This is so embarrassing!

"Sorry for what happened. I didn't see that coming. I thought she would say yes..." Luke patted my back and I scratched my head.

"I'll just g-go home now. See you tomorrow." I said and waved goodbye to Luke.

~••••••~

Before I open the door of our house my little sister Clarisse already opened it and when she saw me she quicky gave me a tight hug. I picked her up and smile.

"How are you, Clarisse?" I ask and closed the door.

"I am doing fine Carl! I am so happy you're finally home. It's already 5:30 pm. Why did you went home just now? I was so worried Carl." She said as she gave me another hug.

"I am sorry Clarisse. Me and my friend Luke just have important things to do at school but now I'm home what's for dinner?" I asked Mom.

"I'll be cooking sunday roast and our dessert will be sticky toffee pudding." My Mom said and smile.

"Wow that seems delicious." I replied.

I put Clarrisse down and went to my room. I saw Anisa holding a pencil and a paper. I quickly closed the window and sigh.

Forget her, you're nothing to her...

I changed my clothes and quickly went downstairs to help my mom. I heard my phone ringing then I quickly answered it.

"Hello?"

"Hi Carl! Long time no call." She said jokingly.

I remember this girl... she's...

Loading...

Loading...

Yes! She's Claire! Luke's cousin. Luke said that Claire transfered on our school last month but I haven't seen Claire for a year. Luke and I were friends since we're in 7th grade so we totally know each other.

"Hi Claire! How are you?" I asked smiling.

"I am doing fine. I always see you with my cousin Luke but never had the courage to talk to you..." I heard Claire said.

"We should hang out sometimes." I suggest.

"Oh! Really, when?" She asks while laughing.

"Tomorrow, let's hang out at the park. Let's talk about what happened to our lives. Pretty boring but yeah." We both bursts in laughter and I heard she said something.