Chapter 8

Carl's Point of View

Before I go to the prom. I made sure that Claire went at the prom party first before me. Weird right? I should be taking her with me to the party but that's what I need to do.

I drove to the school and went to the park where Anisa said to me. I sat down on the bench. The same bench where Anisa sat down yesterday. I pull out my phone and texted Anisa and put it again inside my pocket.

Some students are spending their time on the park so I am not alone but most of the students are inside the school.

I am now getting nervous. I just ditch my date for 30 minutes and onwards. What will I do? Claire will probably be upset and will kill me.

I waited for half of an hour but Anisa still haven't come. I wanted to give up but the other part of my mind said that she'll come here and talk to you. So, I waited and waited for... nothing.

I gave up. I ditched my prom date for 2 hours and Anisa also ditched me for 2 hours. What a great nightmare she did to me. I thought this is the time to tell her my feelings but instead of telling her I just shrugged my shoulder and went inside he room where is everybody having fun.

No signs of Claire, Luke and Anisa here. I sat down on the chair alone watching some of students dancing to the slow song. Until someone tapped my shoulder, Claire.

She's in a beautiful blue gown that matches her blonde hair. She's also wearing a white sparkling high heels and her hair is braided.

The funny and innocent Claire turned into a gorgeous Claire. She's perfect but not perfect as Anisa.

"Sorry you went here alone." Claire said as she took a seat beside me.

"Nah, that's fine I thought you went here first before me. Where's Luke?" I asked.

"He's on his way and by the way how do I look?" She asked as she stand up ans spin around like a princess.

"Beautiful and perfect." I said then her face turned into a tomato color.

"What I said is true." She sat down again beside me then smile.

"Thank you Carl. This is the first time I heard someone told me that I'm beautfiul. My Mom and Dad never told me that before." Claire said and she hugged me tightly.

The hosts of the party called my name and I raised an eyebrow.

"Okay! Thank you for that wonderful song DJ Mark! The next song will be Perfect. I want to invite Mr. Carl Johnson to sing the faborite song of all. Perfect!" Claire asked me to go on the stage. I gulped and sigh.

I slowly walked on the stage and smile to everyone.

"Um... good evening to all of you. I am Carl Johnson and I will be singing perfect by Ed Sheeran." I spoke on the mic and everyone clapped.

I saw Claire gave a thumbs up for me and I nod my head. I'll try my best to make everyone happy for this night. Since I have a good voice there's no need to be nervous and shy. I'll just show my talent to them.

I found a love for me
Darling, just dive right in and follow my leed.

Well, I found a girl beautiful and sweet.
Oh, I never knew you were the someone waiting for me.

'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love, not knowing what it was, I will not give you up this time.

Darling, just kiss me slow
Your heart is all I own
And in your eyes, you're holding mine.

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark,
With you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass,
Listening to our favourite song.
When you said you looked a mess,
I whispered underneath my breath
But you heard it, darling, you look perfect tonight.

I saw Luke smiling at me and gave a thumbs up. I also saw Claire closing her eyes while listening to the song.

Well I found a woman,
Stronger than anyone I know.
She shares my dreams, I hope that someday I'll share her home.
I found a love , to carry more than just my secrets, to carry love, to carry children on our own.

We are still kids when we fell in love,
Fighting against all odds.
I know we'll be alright this time,
Darlin, just hold my hand.
Be my girl, I'll be your man,
I see my future in your eyes.

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark,
With you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass,
Listening to our favourite song.
When I saw you in that dress,
Looking so beautiful
I don't deserve this, darling, you look perfect tonight.

My eyes caught Anisa's eyes staring onto me so I waved at her but she has no emotions. She's with no one too. What happened to her? She wasn't sick anymore and I am thankful for that.

I flashed a smile at her but she didn't gave anything to me. She just stood there staring at me like she's going to cry.

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark,
With you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass,
Listening to our favourite song.
I have faith in what we see,
Now I know I have me an angel
In person, and she looks perfect,
I don't deserve this, you look perfect tonight...

I sang while staring at Anisa. The music stopped and everyone clapped their hands. I smile and thanked them. I noticed Anisa went outside so I went down the stage and followed her but Luke grab my arms and smile.

"That was awesome, bro!" Luke said and Claire too.

"I'll just go outside to see something." They both nod their head and walked away to get drinks.

When I stepped outside the school you won't believe what I saw. Tyron, the guy that asked Anisa to be his date kissing someone?!

So, I did what he deserves.