Compromise

Lost Without You Chapter 4, a bones fanfic | FanFiction

Chapter 4 "Find a Way to Compromise"

Once again Brennan and Booth were on the road as Booth was taking them to their apartments so they could pack some things for Virginia. There was complete silence for a moment or two then Brennan started talking about the victim.

"Just so you know Booth, Cam and I found out that the remains were in fact of a male around the age of 20-30's. So now can you please tell me why are we going to Virginia?"

Booth replied "We are going to Virginia because our bank killer is a serial killer and before coming to our fair city he made a stop in Virginia."

Brennan said "Ok, so why didn't you tell me this earlier at the bank. "

"Well since you were honest with me Bones I would have told you later on. So tell me what is the big secrete." Booth said

Brennan lied "I have no idea what you are talking about Booth:

Booth yelled "Bones, don't you dare lie to me ok I am in a very bad mood. So I am going to lay it out for you I know that you are going to Peru on sabbatical. Why didn't you tell me?"

Brennan shocked on how Booth found out "How did you find out?

"It doesn't matter how I found out what matters is you didn't tell me and I want to know why?" Booth demanded

Brennan speechless but the only word she could say were "Pull over"

Booth said "What"

"I said pull over Booth" Brennan demanded

Booth pulled over towards the sidewalk of Washington Square as Brennan made her way out the car before Booth got the chance to say a word but Booth followed her as they walked Booth yelled

"Can't we find a way to compromise?"

Brennan said as she continue to walk not looking at Booth "I can't talk you when are like this

Booth said "Like what"

"You are acting like a child with a really bad temper." Brennan stopped and then whistled for a cab.

While Brennan was waiting for the cab to pull up Booth ran right in front of her and looked right at her and said

"Ok, fine let's just clam down here. I just don't understand why you wouldn't have told me about the sabbatical unless."

Booth saw the look on Brennan's face then he realize why she didn't tell him as he asked "It's Sully, am I right"

Brennan sighed and answered "Yes it is"

"Oh come on Bones don't go to Peru just because Sully asked you to go. He left you remember." Booth told Bones

"Of course I remember but I also remember that I was the one who decided not go, I decided to stay here. I regret and feel guilty everyday for not going with him." Brennan told Booth.

Booth pleading "Please Bones don't go"

Brennan asked "Why Not"

"Your Job, Bones what about your job" Booth replied

"I've used that excuse too many times Booth but I am sorry if this hurts but I made my decision. So once this case is solved and my book is finished I'm leaving" Brennan told Booth

Booth asked "I guess there is nothing I could do to change your mind?"

Brennan replied "No, and I think it is better if you go to Virginia on your own while I stay here and work on the remains. I think we need one day apart."

Brennan whistle another cab to pull over, as she was she about to get in Booth grabbed her by the arm stooping her as he pleaded once more.

"Please Bones do not do this"

"Booth do not make this harder than it already is just let me go. Please let know if you find anything vital about the case ok" Brennan said

Booth replied "Right, Do the same for me.'

Brennan said "I will now can you please let go of my arm."

Booth said "Sure" as he let go of Brennan's arm and help her in to the cab to go back to the crime scene.

As Booth watched Bones's cab drive away there he stood alone couldn't believe what has just happened. Then Booth walked back to the SUV in frustration he kick one of the tires. He slammed the door. Booth was angry and began screaming and yelling at himself for acting like a child then after letting out his frustrations he drove off. While in the cab Brennan was shedding tears.