Nails.

1|20|18

I have the common bad habit of nail biting. I've met people with different opinions on the topic.

That's gross.
You can fix it.
Stop biting your nails.
You're not trying hard enough.
Same.

I can say that I've been doing a lot better with it. Ive done it by channeling the urge to bite them into something else. I don't mean stuff like meditating or long walks on the beach or trying to figure out the meaning of life.

Nope.

Cleanliness.

Last year in science, we were learning about times in medical history where doctors didn't wash their hands and the devastating effects of it. She explained that nowadays, doctors scrub soap into their palms to get the dirt from underneath their fingernails.

It was then I began noticing all the dirt underneath my fingernails. So I began scrubbing soap into my palms like a lunatic. I've even gone as far as using tiny sharp objects the clean the parts soap missed. I don't mean crazy dangerous things like knives and shit. Toothpicks and and old mechanical pencil if I'm in a really tough spot.

Do you think that's weird? Or gross? Whatever. I can't stop now. Now that I've noticed I just can't go back to not noticing the dirt underneath all of my fingernails.