📖Chapter 2: Library📖

"Harry why weren't you in Divination?" Hermione asked me before sitting.

"I changed electives," I replied before I continued eating my lunch.

"That's brilliant Harry," Hermione said then she continued, "What subject did you take then?".

" Ancient Runes and Arithmancy," I replied.

"Oh Harry you need to catch up. You can come with me to the library later," Hermione fusses.

"I can handle it Hermione, I'm fine," I replied before looking to Ron. "But CH 'arry 'at awat me," Ron said while eating.

"Oh Ronald chew first. Honestly, you're such a pig," Hermione huffed.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I knocked on the door before entering. "Ah Mr. Potter, Come in," Professor Babbling beckoned before continuing, "I believe you will need this," handing me the Ancient Runes books. "You can ask Madam Pince for the others," Professor Babbling continued. "See you in my class. If you ever need assistance, you can come to me anytime," She added.

"Thank you Professor," I bid goodbye. Then, I continue to walk towards Professor Vector's office.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I sat in the library reading books for my Ancient Runes. Honestly, I don't know why did I took up divination, this is such a fascinating subject. You want easier subject and you don't want to lose your friend. I snapped out of my thought and continue reading.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I sat in the library reading books for my Ancient Runes. Honestly, I don't know why did I took up divination, this is such a fascinating subject. You want easier subject and you don't want to lose your friend. I snapped out of my thought and continue reading.

I came across on two runes, sigel/sowilo and Eihwaz/Eoh which look quite close to my scar.

Sowilo: (S: The sun.) Success, goals achieved, honor. The life-force, health. A time when power will be available to you for positive changes in your life, victory, health, and success. Contact between the higher self and the unconscious. Wholeness, power, elemental force, sword of flame, cleansing fire.[1]  

Sigel is also associated with the goddess Sigyn. The rune describes Sigyn's warm, caring nature[2]. Just like a mother.

As Elhaz, Sowilo is the rune of the extreme strength, embodying and channelling the power of the sun whose it symbolizes the energy and the light.[3] Sowilo also represents the Illumination, the understanding of the Mysteries and the full awareness. It is the direct and devastating power which no obstacle can stop. Sowilo resists the forces of death and destruction, proclaiming the triumph of the Light over the darkness.[4]

Eihwaz was a Proto-Germanic word for "yew". It is also mentioned that it is related to the Yggdrasil, the World Tree. Also called as Tree of Life because it contains all the worlds and represents the cycle of birth, growth, death, and rebirth. Liberation from the fear of death was also mentioned as one of the rune's governs.

I closed the books, shocked and excited. Maybe mom really used runes to protect me and with Voldemort asking my mother to step aside 3 times which is a magical number, activated the runes and it was completed when he killed my mother.

"-arry, Harry!" Hermione whispered shouted and I snapped out of my train of thoughts. "Dinner."

A/N

I know it's short...

Sorry school's keeping me busy...

Comment!