29

"Jian." The young boy turned towards Jia as he smiled. Running towards the other boy, he stopped in front of him, alike a puppy waiting for its owner's attention.

"Have you chosen?" The other boy quickly nodded towards Jia.

"Yes!" Seeing him hold out the manuals, Jin slightly smiled, and sent out a strong wave of soul force to read the manuals.

"Siren's Call; the method to utilise the voice to hypnotise unsuspecting cultivators. It could not only control the minds of others, but also send out a wavelength to disrupt the soul force of their opponent." Jin's lips twitched slightly; he could already tell that Jian would become breathtakingly strong in the future with such a cultivation method; he would be like a fish in the water. Shaking his head slightly, he turned towards the other tablet.

"Mermaid's Dash; the swift movement art would make one appear as if they swam away. The cultivator of this method would be hard to capture, and they reached a certain step, they could even turn their shadow into a mermaid tail that would assist them in escaping." Jin placed both tablets back into Jian's hands. If that boy wanted to become a mermaid so bad, he would not stop him.

Zu Jia and Zu Jian both handed their manuals over to the elder, who swiftly transcribed it for them.

But his hand stopped on the Frost Soul Monarch cultivation method, and his fingers quivered slightly as he looked over at Jia. Seeing the youth smiling gently towards him, he sent out his soul force to the tablet, unlocking the data inside of it.

"Your Highness, it here is no need for this manual to be transcribed. I believe this one was tailor made for you. Take it." the old man had a slightly indulging look as he handed the tablet towards the Crown Prince. Jin took the tablet from the other man, thanking him as they went back to his palace.

"Send out nourishing supplements to the Yang Jia, make sure to secretly give the Soul Dans to Yang Mi. Don't let the Right Prime Minister find out about them."

[Ed. Note: Jia means something like home, family, residence or household]

Jin was worried the young girl would receive none of the benefits if he sent them directly over to the Right Prime Minister.

"I'll write a note." Seeing that Zu Jia wished to tell the young girl something, the eunuch quickly prepared the paper and ink.

Jin sat down and stared at the paper for a moment; a part of him felt slightly sick at even the thought of a possible female marriage candidate. It was not too terrible, for he would have also needed to one day marry a woman in his previous life. Even though gay marriage was accepted in the Galactic Unions, it was still frowned upon. If one took an official position, they would have to hide their sexuality until they left office.

Lifting the quill pen, he began to write a short note:

Yang Mi, this is a gift given to you to help you strengthen your soul. Make sure to not allow anyone in the Prime Minister's Residence to find out that you have it; you do not have the strength to protect it if it leaks out to the public. You can throw away the gifts I have previously sent over as they are not as effective as the Soul Dan. Remember to protect yourself well. I will be sending over other good items to aid you.

Sincerely,

Your Fiancé

With that done, Jin handed the letter over to a crimson guard with the Soul Dan.

"Send it over to the Right Prime Minister's daughter, Yang Mi." Smiling, Jin turned towards the head eunuch.

"For the other nourishment, send them over publicly to the Yang Jia. Seeing his plans coming together, Jin sighed, looking over at Jian whose face looked dark.

"Something the matter, Jian?" Jian seemed to have awakened from his thoughts as he bit his lip, his eyes filled with grievances.

"Will brother Jia marry that girl?"

"Why can't I marry her?" Jin's lips twitched slightly as he stared at the youth. Jian's eyes trembled as his fists tightened inside both of his sleeve.

"But she will take my place, won't she?" Jin slowly made his way towards Jian, and hugging the child, he rubbed the boy's silky hair.

"No matter what, Jian will never be replaced, okay?" He softly took care of the youth, making sure he would not hold any fears, whilst thinking about the young Yang girl. He would not be marrying the young girl in the future, but she didn't deserve to be slighted by him. He would help her out now, but he would tell her he was not interested in the female gender later on in the future.

While Jin was comforting the boy, Yang Mi was laying on the cold floor with her back aching as she turned over to stare at the dusty ceiling. Her eldest sister, after whipping her several times, had left after hearing that the Crown Prince had sent over gifts to the residence. The young girl's heart ached; even though she was a year older than the Crown Prince, she had begun to hope that her fiancé would save her from this family and protect her.

When she was younger, a marriage agreement had been written up between the two, and she had remembered seeing the other boy who was gentle but silent. She had thought that it was good for her to marry him, even if he was not strong.

But now he was like a dragon soaring into the heavens while she was... nothing. Her eldest sister had already admitted that she would steal the Crown Prince from her. Biting her lip, the young girl closed her eyes as a single tear slid down her pale face.

"Miss." A deep voice pulled the girl from her teary thoughts. Looking over at the man, his face was covered and she could barely make out the man's dark eyes.

"You are?" Her delicate voice quivered slightly as she wondered who this stranger was.

"I am a guard for his Highness, who wished for you to have this." After handing over the wrapped letter and Soul Dan, he swiftly left.

"His Highness?" Her lips parted in astonishment; her fiancé sent it over? Her eyes glittered brightly as she quickly opened the package, and seeing the letter and clear vial, she held it protectively to her chest.

A/N:

Little Zu Jian wants to become a mermaid lol

Ed. Note:

BTW, when I was editingthis, it said Yang Jia at the top, but I didn't realise what it was. I spentlike 10 minutes wondering if it was a typo or a pinyin XD.

i_am_a_bystander