30

Yang Mi's hand shook as she took the letter, gently opening it. The words the boy wrote carefully were carved into her heart. Her tears fell steadily as a gentle smile took over her face. Her fiancé had not forgotten about her; he was still worrying for her wellbeing. She quickly hid the Soul Dan, and she joyfully stared at the letter. No matter what her father or eldest sister wished, the Crown Prince cared for her, and it won't change a thing.

Slowly, the years passed and Jin's cultivation rapidly advanced. His soul force slowly made improvements as he spoke up for the commoners and those from non-cultivators families; building up his reputation as the benevolent Crown Prince. Every night, Jin fell asleep expecting to meet the Emperor of Qin, but the man seemed to have disappeared; only showing his face a handful of times.

With Jia's urging, Jian was finally given the surname Zu, and received the title of Prince. Though he had no real political power, no one could take him lightly; for Jian's soul force also grew rapidly, his cultivation soaring. Only living and fighting for Zu Jia.

With Jin's caring, Yang Mi's heart was won over. But instead of taking the supplements given to her by Zu Jia, she would quickly hide them; not daring to use such precious medicine.

When Jin learned of this, he sighed. It seemed that the little girl was not so intelligent; with those medicines, she would be able to cultivate. It would not grant her heavenly abilities, but she would not be as bullied by the Yang Family. Jin also sent over some Imperial Robes for Yang Mi to wear.

Yang WenLi felt resentful, but refrained from stealing it, as someone from outside of the royal family who wore those robes without permission would be imprisoned or killed.

The little brat, Zu Han, had steadily grown; his cultivation was also progressing, and his spirit beast was a Divine Silver Tailed Fox. The Emperor was extremely proud of his two sons that could shock the world one day; one son with a Divine Beast, and the another with a Godly one.

Sadly, the proud Emperor did not know that the young Zu Han was being secretly trained by Jin to take over the Crown Prince position. The younger Prince had personally managed to win over a few officials; now, Jin slowly sent the officials that stood with him to his little brother.

That is, after several days were spent in order to convince them. A few believed that Zu Jia was testing their loyalty, and did not wish to fail this imaginary test. Jin almost beat them to death; how is this a test! He obviously hated this throne, He doesn't want it!

Concubine Lin and Zu Sheng's movements in the dark were utterly laughable in Jin's eyes. They still clung to the belief that it was the crimson guards that killed off their assassins, not knowing that Zu Jia had already become a first step Soul Devouring Celestial years ago, and was close to breaking through to the second step.

The so called 'assassins' were easily killed off by either Zu Jia or Zu Jian.

Zu Sheng became one of Yang WenLi's suitors, and his jealousy almost made him spit blood as he found out the goddess he loved desired his brother. Sheng's covert attacks weren't working, so he had tried to tarnish Zu Jia's reputation to the masses. His hatred for Zu Jia and Zu Jian only grew as the years passed.

Jin stood, staring into the night sky, and silently reminisced about the past few years; he was finally sixteen. Light footsteps pulled him from his thoughts, and tilting his head slightly, he looked over at the other youth.

With the care of the Imperial Family, Zu Jian had properly blossomed into maturity at the age of seventeen. Zu Jian had a certain sensual beauty about him that attracted people; his misty eyes and pouty rosy lips easily made him into a subject of desire. After becoming a Prince, he had thrown away all of his old robes, and bought red ones; for Jia had commented that he liked seeing the youth wearing red.

Even though the other boy was older than Jia, he still acted like a spoilt younger brother. Smiling gently, he turned again towards the night sky, where the stars glittered beautifully.

"Jia." Jian's soft voice entered Jin's ear, and a slight smile hung on his face. Jian's eyes glimmered slightly; as Jia matured, it seemed that he became more and more beautiful. He was like a celestial being that drew others to him; his soul felt as if it could cleanse people of their darkness.

Jian's lips curved into a sensual smile as he hugged the other boy. Others would think that he was interested in Jia romantically, but both boys knew that Jian just loved skinship. Rubbing his cheek against the other boy's shoulder, Jian also looked into the sky.

"Jian, it's almost time for us to travel." Jin softly spoke as he rubbed the others arm gently; to him Jian was more of a son then a brother.

The Sect battles would start in a year at the Qin Empire. The journey there would only the three months at the most, but both boys wanted enjoy themselves before arriving at their destination. Jian hugged Jia tightly and he was almost vibrating in excitement.

"Jia, how many rich Noble Families can I 'borrow' from?" Jian forgot himself as his hyper voice echoed through the clearing. Jin coughed and swiftly looked away; that was another method of entertainment both brothers had taken up.

If they discovered that a Noble Family had a relic that they wanted, they would swiftly borrow it and entertain themselves with it, before returning it back to their owners. Eventually.

The Yang Family seemed to be the one that was targeted the most, as the Right Prime Minister had secret treasures that even Jin was surprised at. But of course, his curiosity died down soo after finding out that the Yang Family had several relatives in cultivation sects.

A/N

This is a part of the previous updates! (I wasn't able to complete it as soon as the other ones.)

I fixed some things in the story, I changed Zu Jian's age from when they met from 8 to 6 so Zu Jian is 17 now. I was accidentally writing Zu Jia as the elder brother so I fixed that.

~Sets fireworks~ editor you'll be missed. Q~Q sob,sob

Ed. Note:

School is starting tomorrow, and I have major exams this year. Therefore, this is going to be the last time I edit this story (Q^Q). But I hope you enjoyed the story so far ^^.

This is i_am_a_bystander signing out.

If ya like, votes would be very much appreciated <3.

i_am_a_bystander