Second Chance

{...REEJH'S POV...}

My Mistakes have made me what I am today, I take chances, I take a lot of them, no matter what ended me with whom, it was how it should have been, I have learnt from them and one such chance is what I am taking today, I was masking my own self, I had never thought that I would marry my sister's fiancé but that is what happened when she decided to run away, I smiled picking up the letter from my dressing table. It was the man she had always had eyes for.

Samay,

I'm a coward. I should be saying this to your face not writing this letter but I know if I do you'll talk me out of running away from all of this, I agree this is what I always wanted but now I am scared. I don't think we are strong enough to succeed a marriage I have always been a winner and I'm absolutely terrified of failing us both. So I'm leaving because I'd rather let you down once then let you down for the rest of our lives. I am confused, its like I love you and then I don't, may be I am too late for this conversation, but I promise that I will be back before you know it, now once again just handle everything.

Love you,

Ria

My sister ran way leaving the man she claimed to be in love at the altar all by himself, and what did he do he came up to me with a stupid contract to get married to him only till my dad can trace my sister and get her back. "Pose as my wife for until a year and in return you can demand anything in return!" was what he said. how was I to explain that in this very deal I had everything at stake. I had clearly refused to him, when he asked me to get ready as he along with his family were ready to depart at the earliest since my newly wedded husband had some important meeting back home. I was venting out my anger by throwing all the things around, if someone was to see this, they would predict that my room survived a storm. I was about to shatter what seemed like the last vase when my mother held my hand, pulling away the vase and keeping it aside.

she made me sit on the bed and wiped my tears about which I had no idea, She smoothened my flying tresses and said something I never imagined.

"You always ask me why did I give your father a chance after being cheated, I know you hated me for this and I also know that this was the reason of your fallout. I would never force you to understand my concept but all I would say is, in the long journey of 27 years of me being with your father, I have seen bad times, but the happiness he gave in the good times is equally indescribable. If I stood with him in his bad times, he has made me a partner of his prosperity too Reejh. Everybody deserves a second chance Reejh, sometimes even a third, because life is too complicated to get things right at first. Until we have seen someone's darkness we don't really know who they are and why they are so. I know faking this is hard. I know faking identity is horrible but remember Reejh it was you who took the vows with Samay. Everytime that boy has stood besides your father, even after Arjun, today too he did this so that your fathers company survives. He is standing by the vows he took Reejh, now I believe, it is your turn, its not going to be easy, it is going to be really tough, but you got to do what you got to do."
"He is Ria's love Maa." I stated the very fact that ended my marriage even before it started.
"But he is your husband Reejh." my mom tried explaining.
"Only to the people who know who stood behind the veil, for the rest of the word it is still her, it will always be her Maa, even for him." I sobbed finally. This was it I was married to my sister's husband and no body knew about this.

"This shall be over, sooner than you would know Reejh. And if not for yourself then do it for the man who is equally broken. Don't the right people with wrong timing ever deserve a second chance?" was my mothers last sentence before leaving basically referring to Samay Moron Mehra.

"That is exactly what scares me Maa, the second chance is what scares me!" I whispered.

Finally after my mental break down I knew I was doing this, I was going to stand up to the vows, to the promise, a promise to be there for better and for worse, it'll probably be for the worse, but like it was fated, I was MRS. MEHRA now.