Moving to Korea~Chapter 4

Bright morning light streamed through my small bedroom window. I groaned loudly. Why nature?! Why can't you let me sleep at least one more minute? I sleepily sat up, and looked at the time on my phone. It was any ways time for me to get up out of bed. I had a lot to do today. Today is the day I'm moving to Korea.

When I told Sway I was moving to Korea, she was hugely disappointed. Mainly because she couldn't come with me. But I promised her that I would have her come visit me sometime. She smiled widely at that. I loved to make Sway smile, and I promised myself that I would keep my word.

Over the past few weeks my parents and I had been busy getting legal stuff done. I had spent a lot of time sorting through everything I had in my apartment- either putting the junk in boxes to store in my parents attic, or putting stuff in boxes that went to the thrift store. Most of the stuff went to the thrift store. It was a good thing that I wasn't materialistic. Otherwise it would have taken twice as long getting everything out. I anyways didn't need every single thing that sat collecting dust in my apartment. I only packed things that had special value to me. One thing that was pretty important that I brought was my string of lights with pictures. It would be even more important now, because I would be 4,226 miles away from Australia.

I took a look over my now empty apartment. My tote was slung over my shoulder and my hand rested on the handle of my suitcase. My mom and I had shipped a couple boxes off to Korea yesterday. It was kinda sad leaving my small apartment. I mean I did after all spend an entire year of my life living in it. My mom would be coming over here later after I left, in order to collect some of the things I hadn't gotten, like trash, and the sleeping bag I slept on last night. Goodbye apartment. I opened the door and stepped out into the warm air. It might be sad leaving, but I was ready for a new start.

My parents, and friends were at the airport waiting for me, so they could say their final farewells. Sway looked just about ready to cry. She was the first person I went to. I wrapped her into a tight hug and she made a small sob into my shoulder. My vision already started to get blurry. Seeing Sway cry made me want to cry.

"Don't worry Sway. Remember my promise? I promised I will send you to Korea, and I will keep that promise no matter what," I whispered into her ear.

We parted the hug. Sway already had silent tears streaming down her face like mini waterfalls. She rubbed at her eyes with the edge of her sleeve and slightly sniffled.I felt bad for her, and gave her one last hug before moving onto the next person which was Felix. A girl stood by his side and by the way they looked at each other, I could tell they were in love.

Felix walked over to me and gestured to the girl standing next to him. "April I want you to meet, Lucy."

Then he slightly shuffled towards me and whispered in my ear, "She's the girl I met in the cafe."

I smiled and whispered back, "Ohhh."

I then took the time to smile at her and gave her a small wink. "I've heard a lot about you Lucy. Too bad I'm moving to Korea. Otherwise I would try to get to know you better."

She giggled and said in a sweet voice, "Yeah. I have heard a lot about you too! Maybe we can hang out when we see eachother again."

I smiled at her and said, "Will do."

Felix gave me a farewell hug and I whispered in his ear, "Take good care of her. She's perfect for you."

"I will. I promise."

With that, we ended the hug, and I went over to my parents. My mom was already bawling and was hugging my dad tightly. I hugged both my parents tightly at the same time and that's when the tears came out. We stood there, just the three of us, crying and hugging each other. After a few minutes, I pulled away and wiped away my remaining tears with the back of my hand.

Everybody stood there looking at me. Some smiling like Felix, Lucy, and my dad, and the others were crying, like Sway and my mom.

I waved and tried not to choke on my own words, "Goodbye, my friends, and family. I had such a good adventure with you all here in Australia, but now it's time for me to start a new one."

With that I waved and gave everybody one last hug. Then took my suitcase and started walking off into the airport. I didn't look back in fear that I might chicken out and change my mind about leaving. I kept my head held high and looked straight forward. I was ready for another start. And most of all I was ready for a change of life and a new adventure.

***Hi people! Hoped you enjoyed this chapter. It was kinda short. I don't know if any of you have noticed the connection already, but the Felix in this story is Lee Felix from Stray Kids. Also I wanted to tell you people that I am messing with the ages, in this fan fiction. So FYI Lee Felix isn't 17 years old in Australian age in this story. He's more like 19-20 years old. I just wanted to make that clear, that way you people won't completely flip out like you do.