Going Home

***I included this song because it kinda describes the way April is feeling. Maybe another reason why I put it is because I honestly can relate right now lol. So if you want, you can listen. ;)

My mom!? My mom hardly ever called me! I was usually the one to call her. The moment I got a phone call, I was instantly suspicious. Something was obviously wrong.

I quickly swiped the green little phone on the screen of my phone and answered in Korean, "Hello? Mom?"

My mom answered back in an urgent voice, "April! Come home now!"

Okay.... Now I was confused. First, why would my mom be calling me, and Secondly, why would my mom demand me to go home? Something was definitely wrong.

"Mom why would I go home? It's the middle of the week and you guys live a little more than an hour away from Sydney."

"April just listen to me! Come home now! And bring a couple sets of clothing. You might be here for a couple days."

I huffed and made an over exasperated sigh but listened to my mom, "Okay, okay! Just don't be surprised if I don't arrive until dinner time."

After I said that, I hung up my phone and threw it back on the table. It was a good thing I was on summer break. Summer had just begun and I hadn't had a chance to get a job yet.

I grabbed my phone off the table. I needed to talk to one more person today. I dialed Sway's phone number and called her. On the second ring she picked up the phone.

"Hi April!"

I sighed heavily before answering. "Hi Sway. Are you free today?"

"Yeah! I was actually going to call you earlier to see if you wanted to go shopping at the mall."

"Awesome. Except I'm not in the mood for shopping right now."

"Oh no. I know you're not in a good mood when you don't want to go shopping."

I made an over-exaggerated sigh, "Ugh you know me too well."

Sway giggled, "Well, that's what best friends are for! So what's wrong?"

"I'll tell you when I see you."

"Okee dokee! How about our normal cafe? And is noon a good time?"

"Yeah that's great. See you then."

I hung up the phone and instead of flinging my phone someplace, I flung myself on the sofa. I grabbed a pillow that was sitting to the side and buried my face into its fluffiness. I felt like screaming, but I stayed completely quiet, except for the occasional sound of my breath. I need to do something with my life instead of sulking around like this. I got up from the sofa and walked slowly to my room. I grabbed my wallet and car keys. If going to the gas station and filling my car up with fuel counted as doing something with my life, then that was what I was going to do.

I got to the gas station and payed for the gas. I stood next to the gas pump and waited for it to finish filling my car. A guy that was about a year or two older than me came up to me.

He held out his hand and said casually, "Hi my name is Luka."

I smiled weakly and said shyly, "My name is April."

I remembered what Felix had told me about the feeling he had when he met that girl in the cafe. I thought briefly if I felt any different. Nope. I feel exactly the same. I don't have any extra feelings.

He smiled at me and said bravely, "Could I give you my number?"

I smiled shyly at him and lied, "Sure."