Note VI

Note VI: sleep with me

It had been weeks since I slept with Arya. I couldn't get it out of my head—her expression, so fragile and stern and broken, and it hurt me bad. I felt like my pride as someone was crushed, and I got angry for some reason. Good lord, am I angry. For her, maybe it would always be that shitty senior anyways.

I closed my eyes, tired. I bit my lower lips, reclining my back on the chair. Just two more periods, and I would be out of this place. I was half-away to dozing into slumber, when I felt the ticklish sensation of someone's breath in my ear. I didn't try to pry and see who it was though, because now I felt the touch of their lips on my skin. Who are they? I thought, starting to make a few guesses.

From their fingers, tracing my jawline, I was dead curious. I snapped my eyes open, only to find Arya with her hair tied in her usual pony tail.

Arya?

Arya looked shocked. She didn't expect me to be aware of her presence, I assumed.

"Rhysa—" She choked, trying to reason with me, her eyes panicked. "I was just—"

The classroom' light was turned off, so I couldn't really figure out the look on her face, but she looked incredibly guilty. I frowned, waiting for her. She took a deep breath and sat next to me. I waited again for her to continue her sentence.

"I'm sorry," she whispered.

I stared at her; dumbfounded. She apologised to me, hair unkempt and expression tragically beautiful.

And suddenly, my anger was gone.

I sighed. I pulled her body to me, dragging her into an embrace. I just couldn't be mad at her, could I?

Her breaths were slow and unsteady. She held onto me like she would never let go—not even for once. I felt comfortable. This was the body I knew so well, it was familiar and warm and soothing. She dragged her fingers across my skin, her face, once again, had that expression. Softness and wild, all blended into one mixture of enigma.

Arya put her lips on mine. I was surprised, sure didn't expect that coming. I kissed her back, and everything melted back into its place. Putting my arms on her waist, I felt her breath on my neck, and my lips on her cheek.

.....and for the next two periods, it was only us in that dim classroom.