₄. Qᴜᴇᴇɴ

Jeon Jungkook scanned the cafeteria trying to find an empty table he could sit at. He had had people staring at him since the morning, so he wished to go somewhere isolated. Somewhere where he could be alone. 

Jungkook wasn't used being at the center of attention.

Once he found what he was looking for, a nice round table at the furthest part of the cafeteria, Jungkook headed there. Even now he could feel curious stares from the tables he passed by. He felt like an alien, or some newly found mammal people would watch and gossip about.

Yes, only watch and gossip.

Sitting down, Jeon Jungkook sighed loudly. He was perfectly aware of the glances and heard some occasional whispers and giggles, but decided to ignore them.

It seemed this was all these people were capable of. He had been in the school for three hours, but there was yet anyone who had actually dared to speak to him.

Jungkook was about to take a bite from his curry, when a lunch tray suddenly entered his field of vision.

"Oh, someone's already sitting there."

"Jin, it seems that our table is occupied, what do we do?"

"Why are you asking me!? I'm not your mother!"

Jungkook looked up, with chopsticks in his mouth. He saw three boys standing next to him. The shortest one of them had blonde hair and was glancing at his companions with baffled expression. The middle one had grayish hair and unique fashion sense, while the tallest one of them had black hair.

It was the black-haired guy who approached him. "Do you mind if we join you?"

Jungkook stared at the boy with blank expression.

"You see, this is our usual spot and for various reasons we can't eat at any other table. I really wouldn't want to intrude your private time alone, but to be honest I will get a stomachache it I eat at any other place." The black-haired then whispered, looking desperate.

Jungkook blinked. The boy wouldn't take no for an answer.

It was hesitant and barely visible, but finally Jungkook nodded as an answer.

"Oh, it's okay? Great! Thank you so much! You're a life saver!" The black-haired boy spoke as he sat down. He then let out a satisfied sigh. "Once again, I can eat happily."

"But you're always happy when you eat." The gray-haired guy commented.

"SHUT UP! And eat your food."

The blonde guy laughed at his friends, but then noticed the shaken expression on Jungkook's face.

"I'm sorry for their weird behavior," he apologized to Jungkook. "I'm Park Jimin, by the way.  A 2nd Year from the Department of Dance Performance. You're the new King, Jeon Jungkook... right?"

Jungkook's eyes widened even more. "Yes, I am. But how did you know?"

"The scarf you're wearing," Jimin said while pointing at white-and-red scarf tied around Jungkook's wrist, "I used to wear it till today."

"More we used to," the gray-haired guy suddenly interrupted. "Kim Taehyung, 2nd Year from the Department of Vocal Music. I saw you at our lecture today."

"Ah," Jungkook started. "I don't remember you."

Taehyung was defeated. He was already coming up with a nasty remark, but the black-haired guy hurried before him. "I'm Kim Seokjin 4th Year from the Department of Acting. The previous King."