Draw 05

Draw 05 : The Cosplay Party

"Cosplay Party?"
"Yes! We intend to have a Cosplay Party for Slifer Red's event on the upcoming festival! What do you think?"
"Well... Okay, I suppose?"

Jaden don't have any idea what to do for the festival so he will just go with anything Syrus suggest.

"But wait, if I'm not mistaken last year we're having a cosplay duel, right?"
"Indeed, but you can hardly duel with the costume on, right? That's why this year is just a party, I want everyone to have fun."
"Somehow I get the feeling that you only want to see the Black Magician Girl again..."
"It's just your feeling."

Syrus avoided the matter and go to Chumley.

"You really are something, Syrus..."

Jaden gives a wry smile before looking at Blair who is approaching him.

"Jaden! I heard that we're going to hold a cosplay party, what are you going to be?"
"I don't know yet, but maybe I'll go with Elemental Hero Avian."
"Really? Then I will be Maiden in Love!"
"Why?"
"Isn't your first monster that fell in love with my Maiden in Love is Avian? That's the reason!"
"... Ahaha..."

Jaden gives another wry smile.

"You guys look like you're having a lot of fun."
"Oh hey, Alexis!"

Blair greeted Alexis happily.
One couldn't believe that they were fighting several days ago.

"Well yeah, we are having a cosplay party tomorrow. how about yours?"
"Ours? It's just your usual cafe, it's always been the same since long time ago before I enroll here so it sort of becoming a tradition."
"Cafe?? How boring..."

Blair clearly shows her displeasure.

"I know right? Oh, by the way what are you two going to play as?"
"I'm going with Avian."
"I will be Maiden in Love."
"Eh?! Avian... Maiden in Love..."

Alexis yelled a little in surprise and is wondering why they are going with that roles.
Before she finally found out why.

"... I see what's going on here. I think I will join as well."
"Huh? How about your cafe? Won't your friends be angry if you keep on coming to the Slifer Red two years in a row?"
"They will understand."
"I-I see..."

Jaden knows that Alexis is not going to back down so he decided to let her do what she want.

"But then... Are you going to go with Harpie Lady again?"
"No, I will be Bustrinatrix"
"WHA-!"

This time Blair is the one who yelled.
Except it's louder than Alexis.

"*Wry laugh* Looks like I know why you're going with that role..."
"*giggles* Oh really? I'm just choosing that role since it happened to pass my mind though."
"Um... Girls?"
"" Yes~?""
"No... It's nothing..."

Jaden's instinct told him to not speak another word so he decided to keep quiet about it.

-The next day, the party starts-

"Woah, to think that this place will be so crowded."

Jaden walks around in the sea of people with duel monsters' costumes.

"Hey, slacker. Did you see Alexis?"
"Oh, Chazz? No I didn't... Wait, this time you're being VWXYZ? You really gave this your best effort, huh..."
"Of course I am, I will fascinate Alexis with my wholeheartness in doing things after all. If you didn't see her then I will go now, I need to find her and show her my masterpiece."
"*Dry laugh* I see, see you later."

With clanking sound, Chazz goes into the sea of people and receives a lot of cheers.

"He's also really something."
"Jaden!"