The Code

As we followed Minho to the maps I told them all about my theory. They cleared the gapes up that I wasn't sure about and made sure I was correct. When I was finished Tom looked like he had an idea. 

"Wax paper," He muttered.

"Huh? What the-?" Minho asked. 

"Just trust me. We need wax paper, scissors and every black marker or pencil you can find." He replied as he walked out of the room with Minho which left Newt and I alone in the room. 

Don't leave me here Tom. I said in his head. 

You'll be fine. Just get the maps ready and talk to Newt. Tom replied. I sighed and looked up at Newt. 

"Where's the maps?" I asked. 

"Over here," he replied walking behind some shelve into a dark corner. He came out with a box. I followed where he went and found seven other boxes I grabbed one and dragged it into the open. 

"You need help?" Newt asked as he grabbed the box his hands over mine. I blushed a little his hands were so soft and warm. We placed the box next to the over one. 

"Two down six to go," he said smiling as he got up and walked back to the corner as I followed. We continued doing that until all eight boxes was lined up next to each other. Minho and Tom came in shortly after with wax paper, a sharp knife and lots of pens and pencils. He all sat on the floor around the boxes as Tom spread out the wax paper. 

"This better be good," Minho muttered.  

"Go on with it, Tommy," Newt said leaning forward looking interested. 

"Ok," Tom replied he handed the knife and some wax paper to Minho. 

"Start cutting rectangles, about the size of the Maps. Newt and Caitlin, you can help me grab the first ten or so Maps from each section box," I looked over at Newt and noticed him watching me I blushed and looked away. 

"What is this, kiddie craft time?" Minho asked staring at the knife and wax paper with disgust. I laughed. 

"Yay, kiddie craft time!" Minho glared at me but I just smiled at him. He looked back at Tom. 

"Why don't you just tell us what the klunk we're doing this for?" 

"I'm done explaining," Tom replied. 

"It'll be easier to show you. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, and we can go back to running around the Maze like mice." I grabbed a few of the Maps from the closed box to me and I saw Newt picked from the same box our hands brushed against each other and I blushed as I looked up at him he smirked at me. 

"Jeez you two get a room," Tom muttered looking at me I blushed more as I took my hand out of the box. I looked up and saw Newt smiling at me. 

"All right, everybody trace the last ten or so days onto a piece of this stuff. Make sure you write the info on top so we can keep track of what's what. When we're done, I think we might see something," Tom said handing a pen to Newt and I. 

"What-?" Minho asked. 

"Just bloody keep cutting. I think I know where he's going with this." Newt replied. Everyone got to work tracing the maps onto the cut wax paper keeping it clean and correct while working as fast as possible. Box by box, section by section we continued on. 

"I've had enough. My bloody fingers are burning like a mother. See if it's working." Newt said placing down the paper he was working on breaking the silence. I followed Newt and place my paper and marker down flexing my fingers I saw Minho and Tom do the same out of the corner of my eye. 

"Okay, give me the last few days of each section - make piles along the floor, in order from Section One to Section Eight. One here" – Tom pointed to a spot in front of him – 

"to Eight here" – he pointed to a spot in front of Newt and I. I picked up the closet pile and read the number and placed it in the right spot. Tom picked up a piece of paper from each pile and carefully placed them on top of each other. After he finished he placed the pile on the floor. I looked over his shoulder and couldn't believe my eyes. Lying in the middle of the sheet of paper was the letter F.